lots of questions

Buterfly_12928
on 3/23/11 3:19 am

Hello,
I just had gastric bypass on 3/14/11. I have been testing the waters with some pureed food. I can start then on Monday but with me going back to work that day I wanted to know what I could and couldn't handle before I got back to work. Today I tried to crab mean with mayo pureed. I was able to eat 1/4 a cup but didn't feel full. I don't know what the full feeling is either and too afraid to find it out. I was browsing some other post and see that others eat cheese. Is that for a meal or a snack? Just very nervous about this whole new journey and want to get in enough of my protein for the day.

turtle829
on 3/23/11 8:46 am
Revision on 08/04/15
wow... it hasn't been that long since your surgery.  I would not want to feel full.... it may be too much to soon to get the 'full" feeling....

Stick to the measurement guidelines your doc gave you.  Cheese is a protein/fat... this early on it could be a meal..... 

It is so much a head game...   you can't imagine that 1/4 c is all you need to feel full...

take it slow... review your instructions...   you will do great...

remember to sip your water.... stay hydrated..

take care
Vicki
Lady Lithia
on 3/23/11 8:50 am
Your stomach muscles have been cut, and you likely won't feel properly full (or properly hungry) for a while (for me it was six to nine MONTHS) which is why you have to follow the plan adn eat the specified amount of food. You will eventually FEEL the restriction, but it will be a while. Don't count on it stopping you.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views