Puree Hamburger Helper!???

BritsAQT89
on 3/23/11 8:54 am
My husband is making himself hamburger helper dinner and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this pureed? I was thinking I would pick out some the meat and a few noodles, put it in the food processor and maybe some shredded cheddar cheese, but Im a little skeptical!!! Or I could get some of the meat before he mixes in the hamburger helper and puree that with something!! ...Im so LOST!
....Any thoughts on this!???

Lindsayc
on 3/23/11 9:00 am - Medicine Hat, Canada
I tried it, it didn't taste the same. In fact it was gross lol. I'd skip the noodles all together that might taste better.

P.s. I thought purred alphabet soup would be good also but it wasn't.

Maybe it's the noodles.

Good luck

BritsAQT89
on 3/23/11 9:10 am
Oh gosh!! LOL!! Okay, I think Im gonna skip the noodles and just do meat and add some shredded cheddar to it!! Hopefully it will tast somewhat decent!! 

...!!*Wish Me Luck*!!

I think I will let you know how it taste without the noodles!

BritsAQT89
on 3/23/11 10:09 am
So, I used mostly meet and 2 noodles. Put it in the food chopper instead of the blender, the noodles were completely chopped to a mush but the ground meet remained a little gritty. I microwaved it after and put some shedded cheese on top. It was pretty good, but still not the Lasagna Hamburger Helper I'm used to!!

Caraat231
on 3/23/11 9:46 am
I think that dish has to many calories and maybe a more healthy meal will be better. Please keep me posted.

Cara
BritsAQT89
on 3/23/11 10:06 am
Yeah thats what I was thinking!! Its 110 calories per serving (one cup). 21g Carb and 2g Sugar. But considering I am only 8 days post-op I was only able to eat less than a full ounce! So I'm guessing I probably didnt consume too many calories. I added a little shredded cheese to it and only used 2 noodles out of the whole skillet. ...not too bad!

iisme
on 3/23/11 10:10 am
You'd be better off to skip the hamburger helper and go for something better.
At the pureed stage I used to eat refried beans with cheese and sour creme on them....or ricotta cheese with a bit of spaghetti sauce. It tasted just like lasagna mmmm

10 pounds loss pre-op
BritsAQT89
on 3/23/11 10:23 am
Yeah, I should really be making healthier choices earlier on so its easier for me when I'm able to consume more than 1 ounce of meat. My husband is deploying in less than two weeks, so it will definitely be easier once he's gone. Also, Im a VERY picky eater. I wont eat ricotta cheese unless its IN lasagna. The only cheese I eat is shredded mild cheddar, or sliced chedder. Any other cheese like sliced (which I hate) or swiss or provolone has to be on a hot sandwich (which I cant have). So over these last few days I have been exploring when I can have that I might actually like. Most of what I like, I cant have. I have a bunch of mandarine orange fruit cups in the fridge that I cannot eat and strawberries and stuff like that. I LOVE fruit, but most of it is raw I guess!! ...BUMMER

Caraat231
on 3/23/11 11:50 am
that sounds so yummy...
Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 3/23/11 12:38 pm - Belleville, IL
Waaaaaaay to many carbs in that meal, especially just a few days out. (The hamburger helper is processed with a lot of crap in the sauce...Sugar, salt and stuff we don't need.) Noodles we don't need at all...

Your carbs should be LESS than 12 grams per meal. (even if you eat an ounce of food...If the nutritional stats say a serving contains more than 12 grams of carbs...Leave it alone for now).

Just the ground hamburger with melted cheese would have been fine...No sauce (unless you make it yourself...Maybe some tomato paste or homemade spaghetti sauce) and then your melted cheese on top...Mmmmmmm!

Warmly,
Jackie

Most Active
Recent Topics