Apples & Peanut Butter / Strawberries & Milk

BritsAQT89
on 3/24/11 11:42 am

I have my surgery 9 days ago and today at my follow-up my surgeon told me to eat what I am comfortable with and that I can eat some normal food as long as its chewed good, but the nutritionist said no raw fruit. I personally am not to sure what raw fruit is. I heard strawberries were bad, but I have pureed them in a smoothie and drank it with no problem so I was thinking I could crush them up in milk and add splenda (instead of sugar)???. As far as apples, I am CRAVING apples (probably without the skin) and peanut butter. Has anyone tried this after their surgery and if so, how soon!? ...And effects!??

Ladytazz
on 3/24/11 11:47 am
Not too sure but I heard it's the seeds that are the problem with strawberries. I was eating them at about 2 months out with no problem.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

BritsAQT89
on 3/24/11 11:51 am
What about apples!? Is that considered "raw fruit" or could I cut it up and eat it with peanut butter?

beatrice00
on 3/24/11 11:49 am, edited 3/24/11 11:49 am - NY
RNY on 04/10/12 with
I tried strawberries after 4 weeks and they went down fine. I also had slices of a very ripe pear without skin and it was fine too. Try it and see. Put three frozen strawberries, a bit of milk and some splenda in a blender for a tiny smoothie. Maybe add a bit of plain yogurt. I'm going to make one tomorrow and try it out myself.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/24/11 12:46 pm, edited 3/24/11 12:46 pm
Raw fruits means fruits that has not been cooked.
They have acids and seeds and they are sometimes hard on the pouch.
I would suggest you do not eat any fruits.
But you probably can have some SF preserves, and some apple sauce - with no sugar added.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

BritsAQT89
on 3/24/11 10:20 pm
Thanks guys!! I appreciate all the advice because I am kind of lost and tired of eating the same things. And I will definitely try putting the strawberries in blender, I didnt even think of that.
...Wish me luck!!

nancybugg
on 3/25/11 2:12 am - Riverview, FL
My surgeon and nut say no strawberries at all for the first 6 months.  Strawberry seeds can get stuck in your suture line in your new pouch and cause ulcers.  I really recommend not eating them.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 437 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 361 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 310 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 165 views
Recent Topics