Distortion looking back at me right in the face

JLB75
on 3/24/11 10:30 pm
First off let me start by saying TGIF!! What a long week!! Does anyone ever look in the mirror and wonder if the journey has come to an end? I am 7 months out and in the last 6 weeks the scale hasnt budged, not even an ounce.  I have blogged about this before but today was different.  When i looked in the mirror I said to myself, I think the adventure is over, and I do not look the way I want to look.  I am experiencing the bones on bones thing which is GREAT, and i love all the compliments that I get on daily basis but I think I am waiting for the one day I look at myself and compliment ME!!! I love the gym and have even started taking bootcamp classes, I have increased my protein and have lowered the carbs b/c those were starting to creep back into my daily life here and there.  I know the reality of it all is that the adventure is not over, in fact its far from over but I think I need some reinforcments to put that smile back on my face.  As of today and 6 weeks ago I have lost 84 pounds.  Leaving for a cruise on May 7th and wanted to hit 100 but at the rate I am going, I dont forsee that goal.   Thanks for listening everyone and enjoy your weekend.
JennyB    
poet_kelly
on 3/24/11 10:36 pm - OH
I really doubt you've stopped losing.  You've just hit a stall.  I had a four week stall at six months.  They suck.  But they're normal.

I think the difficulty complimenting yourself is probably not really due to your stall though.  I bet it's a self esteem issue.  It's one of the head things we gotta work on because surgery does not fix that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JLB75
on 3/24/11 11:19 pm
good to know I am not the only one that hits stalls.  I know that I am not done losing its just the waiting period that sucks! :)
JennyB    
Lacey S.
on 3/24/11 11:57 pm - MS
We had surgery on the same day and I am experiencing the same thing.  The scale has hovered between 197 and 200 for about six weeks now.  I am totally discouraged and fearful that this is all I am going to lose.  I have lost 121 pounds as of today (that could be less tomorrow) and I am eternally grateful that I have lost that much.  I just really want to get to goal.  I will admit that I have not exercised like I should have but I started back to the gym this week.   I am hoping that exercising will rev up my metabolism and start the losing again.  From what I have read on here, it is pretty common to stall around 6-7 months out.  I just hope it picks back up again.  Hopefully, all us 8/24 patients will soon start back to losing and get to our goals!

318   299   176  150

HW   SW   CW   GW