BLAHHH!!!

redda1368
on 3/25/11 9:54 am - Fresno, CA
So Need Some Advice. Am 9 months post-op. Been on a stall since, ohhh November. Yes November. Am Really Frustrated, But Not Depressed, Discouraged But Not Given Up. I Just Want To Know How To Get Back On Track. I've Noticed That I Can Eat More Without Getting Sick And That Really Really Scares Me. Have Been Eating Things Like Doritos (Eeeee) Grazing Off Crackers and Toppers. Even Eating Candy ( Chocolate) of Course. And Yes I Even Have Ice Cream. I Know, I Know. Major Backslider, I Know. Whaaaa!!! I Need Some Recipes. For Real Food (Meals) I Love Chicken, Fish And All Veggies Cept Lima Beans (Ewwww) I Just Dont Know Where To Start. I Need Recipes, Encouragement, Slap Me Up Side The Head Even. Just Someone Pleeeese Help Me Get Back On Track.

AuntSugar
on 3/25/11 10:05 am - La Verne, CA
dice a few chicken breasts, season with garlic, onion and whatever else you like and brown it off.  add a can of cream of chicken soup and a few tablespoons of the new cooking cream that Philly puts out.  Cook it til your chicken has time to soften up and absorb the "sauce" a little bit.  I love this and it's sooo easy!  In fact, I'm having about 1/2 cup of it tonight with a few bites of quinoa and 1/4 cup of green beans.  Yum!
Ladytazz
on 3/25/11 10:07 am
My favorite WLS websites.  http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/ and http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/
Eggface has some awesome recipes for protein ice cream.  If you don't have one already go to amazon.com and get an ice cream maker.  Really.  You won't be sorry.
Next, it sounds like you need a carb detox.  Load up on the protein and avoid the refined carbs.  Track everything you eat in a site like http://www.myfitnesspal.com/
I'm not going to lie to you.  It is going to be hard at first.  Drink lot's of water to flush the crap out of you.  Go on lots of walks.  Come here and complain.  But give yourself time to get it out of your system.  Once it is you will find it so much easier to stick with a healthy eating plan.  And before you do anything go into your cupboards, refridgerator and freezer and toss everything that has refined carbs in it.  Give it to your neighbor or a food bank or just the garbage.  Don't worry about your husband and kids (if you have them) starving.  They don't need it and if they have to have it they can do it away from you.  Especially in the beginning you don't want that crap taunting you.
Good luck to you.  You still have your tool.  Just go back to the beginning, at least assuming you were doing good back then.  It will get better.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

redda1368
on 3/25/11 10:21 am - Fresno, CA
I would really like to detox. I feel my body needs it asap. But what are refined carbs? And how do I start a detox? And I did very well the first 6months after surgery. It's just when I was able to start eating regular foods that I started to notice a pattern. And it just progressed. And Now I feel like a junk food junkie all over again. Sigh! And can I over do it with the protein? How much is too much? What abou****er? Can I stretch out my pouch by drinking to much liquids? Really worried cus I'm not feeling to good. Been weak, light headed and even dizzy. Thanks for your comments. I really really appreciate them.

Ladytazz
on 3/25/11 10:35 am
Some people swear by the http://www.5daypouchtest.com/ but I think you could do the same thing by going back to the  post op diet you had right after surgery.  A few days of nothing but protein drinks and then slowly add in food.  I wouldn't worry about too much protein.  I get in 125 grams a day.  I also drink up to a gallon of fluids.
Refined carbs are things like sugar and flour, pretty much the white stuff that is so good :)
For me I avoid packaged foods and just stick pretty much with meats and vegetables and fruits.  Things like potatos and corn are pretty starchy and should  probably be avoided for the most part until you are close to your goal.  I avoid rice, too,  unless it is brown rice.  Some fruits are pretty high in sugar like bananas so I haven't been eating any but I may in the future in a small amount.
Milk and yogurt are pretty high in carbs but they are good kind of carbs, I guess natural is the world.  For me I don't eat anything with sugar in any form or wheat in any form because those were the things that I binged on and once I started I couldn't stop.
I will eat oatmeal or rye crackers so I get in some whole grains but I stay away from bread even if it is whole grain because bread is another trigger food.  I do eat sugar free things like pudding or even a piece of candy but if I find myself craving it too much I stay away from it.
Are you taking  your vitamins?  Make sure you are doing that or you won't feel very good.  Don't worry abou****er stretching your pouch.  There is an opening at the bottom of your pouch and water just goes right through it.  I drink flavored water and herbal teas pretty much all day.
If you are interested in learning more about low carb eating there is a group called http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/ that can answer all your questions and they even have recipes there.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 431 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views