has this happen to you

Amerylus
on 3/26/11 7:38 am - CA
I was in the surgeon office the other day my surgeon make you read the book weight lost surgery for dummies so I setting in the office reading my book and this lady came out of no were and just attack me about how I was taking the lazy way out and how I should lose weight on my own. I was so upset this lady knows nothing about me. I think if people walk in someone else shoes for one day  they would think before they speak.
poet_kelly
on 3/26/11 7:40 am - OH
Someone in your surgeon's office did that?  Was it another patient?  How did staff respond to her?

Of course you were upset.  How rude of her.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Amber J.
on 3/26/11 8:05 am - Kirkland, WA
 The only time I've had something like this happen to me is with my husband's best friend. I really hate this guy but I'd NEVER give my husband a 'it's him or me' ultimatum. They've been friends since they were 2. This guy is really short and slim. He's never had an ounce of fat in his life. Mostly I just ignore him but I refuse to be around him at all now because he likes to attack his wife too. She's 5'7" and weighs 120 pounds and he's constantly telling her how fat she is in front of other people. It really bothers me. 

But in my doctor's office? Never. I can't even imagine how I'd react if a total stranger attacked me like that. I have a ton of friends that I've never met on Facebook because I network with other pet groomers. Everyone has been super supportive. The ones that aren't, just haven't spoken up to say anything and I prefer it like that!

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

godsend213
on 3/26/11 8:46 am - Fort Carson, CO
When I told my brother in law I was having the surgery he said "Aww cmon Jenn. that's cheating" now keep in mind he is my fav of my husbands brothers and we get along great. I had people that I barely know that support me and he of all people called me a cheater. I was so hurt. But, he has not lived ONE day in my shoes and has NO idea how weight can really affect you. I thin****il someone has a weight problem and knows what we go though they have no business saying anything. I am only 11 days out of surgery and this has been anything but easy for me. It's a struggle every single day and what hey don't know is that we still have to eat right, and exercise and take care of ourselves just like anyone else who didn't have surgery. People need to be more educated on this before they open their mouths. You did the right thing and you did whats best for YOU! NOT ANYONE ELSE! You know how hard it is and I would just laugh at anyone who calls it cheating, because they just have NO IDEA!!!!!!
Toni70
on 3/26/11 12:13 pm - Hampton, GA
My mother is a nurse and has been about 80 pounds overweight all my life.  When I told her I was having the surgery she was so upset.  She spent months trying to talk me out of it, telling me that I am being lazy, I am going to kill myself cutting my body open, etc.  She signed me up for an exercise program at the local recreation center even though I told her that I was fine exercising at home because it was more convenient (I never used the rec).  When I got about two weeks out she finally said that she realized that I was not going to change my mind.  She didn't agree but she would support me.  She has been my biggest support since.  My husband is great and has supported me from the beginning but my mother goes with me to appointments, drives me around when I don't feel well and checks on me daily.  YOU ARE DOING THIS FOR YOU.  NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE FEELS, THEY ARE NOT LIVING YOUR LIFE.  I've had a rough recovery.  Five weeks out and I still have a lot of nausea, indigestion, and cramping, I am struggling to drink my fluids and can barely eat anything but it is slowly improving.  In the long run, It will all be worth it.

ALL THE BEST!!!  GOD BLESS!
Most Active
Recent Topics