Do you think it's okay to have some now??

godsend213
on 3/25/11 12:04 pm - Fort Carson, CO
Hello. I am 10 days out of RNY surgery and I am still on full liquid diet. Do you think it would be okay to add a scopp of PB into my protien shake? I usually use the blender and make a protien shake with soy milk but I am CRAVING pb so badly. If it blend it, there will not be any chunks or anything. I am not sure what stage pb is allowed? What do u think?
Ladytazz
on 3/25/11 12:12 pm
My program allowed PB pretty early, and it was after 2 months. Have you tried PB2 yet? It is defatted peanut flour, peanut better with most of the fat removed. It is yummy and hits the spot when I have a PB craving. Trader Joe's sells peanut flour too which is the same thing but someone said the don't carry it any more but if you have one nearby you could always check it out.
If in doubt you can call your NUT.
babybooo828
on 3/25/11 12:15 pm
 I'm not a doctor or nutrionist, but I think it would be fine as long as it is your protein shake.

If you ate just the penute butter I might worry. I have read posts where some people said they ate it too soon and it didn't feel so good going down.

godsend213
on 3/25/11 12:19 pm - Fort Carson, CO
I was wondering if the reason you cant have it early IS because it's think and can cause blockage OR is it hard to digest or something, that's what I have no idea about. But, if it's blended to where it's not thick then maybe it's ok? If I am in doubt maybe I should just wait, or try it and see how I feel...lol
Tessie W.
on 3/25/11 12:25 pm
PB2 is the best for in shakes!!!

wendy3223
on 3/25/11 12:34 pm
 I tried PB in my shake about that early out, and it went just ok...really I didn't feel that great afterwards, so I waited a couple weeks and tried again, and everything was great.

I would say try it, but really just a tiny little bit, you'll know probably before you finish your shake if it was a good idea or not.

~W~

lorilea
on 3/25/11 1:11 pm - MN
My NUT never wants me eating PB, but every NUT has a different plan.  My sister had the same surgery over a year ago in CO and she has been eating PB since she was three weeks out.

I do agree with my NUT that PB has a lot of calories and for some people it is a trigger food.  It isn't really for me.  Have you ever heard of PB2?  It is powder peanut butter and is great in shakes and you can actually make peanut butter out of it.  The best thing about it is that it has the same protein as PB, but only about 45 calories, and you wouldn't need a full serving in your shake.  They also have it in chocolate PB2.  You can get it off of Amazon or www.bellplantation.com.

Anabella
on 3/25/11 1:39 pm - Fresno, CA
 I am 8 days out and I am allowed to put 1 Tbsp. of peanut butter in my shake. It tastes so delicious. The only thing is that you need to make sure it's all natural peanut butter. I went to a grocery store where you grind your own peanut butter.
Melissa T.
on 3/26/11 2:44 am - Fort Leonard Wood, MO
I would be weary of doing anything off your plan. I know that every doctor is different with what they suggest but what's good for somebody else isn't always good for you. Another suggestion though besides the PB2 is the Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder from Walmart. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it when I bought it but it's pretty much the only thing I'm drinking now for my shakes. It has more of a peanut butter taste than chocolate. I mix one scoop in the blender with ice and milk and then add a little SF chocolate syrup just to get more of a chocolate-y taste. I hope this helps. Good luck!!!
godsend213
on 3/26/11 3:12 am - Fort Carson, CO
On March 26, 2011 at 9:44 AM Pacific Time, Melissa T. wrote:
I would be weary of doing anything off your plan. I know that every doctor is different with what they suggest but what's good for somebody else isn't always good for you. Another suggestion though besides the PB2 is the Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder from Walmart. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it when I bought it but it's pretty much the only thing I'm drinking now for my shakes. It has more of a peanut butter taste than chocolate. I mix one scoop in the blender with ice and milk and then add a little SF chocolate syrup just to get more of a chocolate-y taste. I hope this helps. Good luck!!!
That's the thing, My plan doesn't say I can or can't have it. That's why I was curious to know if others have had it this early. I know what works for one may not work for the other but if some people have tried and it and it went ok, then I know maybe I am safe to at least try. Thanks. :)
Most Active
Recent Topics