Surgery date

martine0421
on 3/28/11 2:13 am - camp lejeune, NC
I have a surgery date of 5/10/11 but my surgeon's office called me  a few minutes ago and asked if I could have surgery tomorrow.. I am trying to figure how I am goin to work this out. I just opened my daycare  and my kids start on 4/11/11. I am wonderin if this will be enough time to heal a little before I start with the kids in 2 weeks.. please help me and let me know. I want to go ahead and get bumped up but I am scared as hell now :)

cindy31
on 3/28/11 2:14 am - Gwynn Oak, MD
Honestly I felt pretty good in 2 weeks but you will not be able to do any lifting, I think over 10 pounds for about 4-6 weeks.
            Highest weight- 325  Day of surgery- 301  Post surgery -306            
BariatricCoach
on 3/28/11 2:42 am - Denver, CO
Why tomorrow? I work in a Bariatric office and just seems weird that they would say, hey lets just up and do your surgery tomorrow. Just concerned. May I ask what procedure your having done?
martine0421
on 3/28/11 2:49 am - camp lejeune, NC
They had a lady cancel and when they initially set my date I wanted to go sooner and when the lady cancelled she called me and I am havin LAPRNY

1Haute Diva
on 3/28/11 2:52 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
That's strange to me also. I could see if you were scheduled for this week and someone cancelled so they asked if you wanted to come earlier but you're scheduled for May... If you already have things set up for the later date I would probably just keep the May date. You just never know how your body will feel in 2 weeks and you may or may not be healed enough to deal with your daycare so soon.

What a decision!
- Shaw

SugarGrl
on 3/28/11 2:53 am
AHHHHH I'm so excited for you!  Are you going to do it!?!!  It will be well worth it!  You can be FINE BY SUMMERTIME like I am gonna be!!  I had my surgery last Wed and right now I feel great!  No kidding the first couple of days were rough but now I've got so much energy!!  Good luck to you and keep in touch!

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Katari
on 3/28/11 2:55 am - OR
Depends on your daycare situation. Do you have a lot of little kids that would need to be picked up or a little older kids that are mostly mobile on their own that you wouldn't have to pick up. Do you have someone that can help you out if you find your not able to do a lot for that first week of daycare? I felt great about 2 weeks out, but that's really NOT an indication of how you migh feel. If you had everything worked out for help etc. in May I might stick with that date, unless they can help out on short notice?
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

martine0421
on 3/28/11 3:00 am - camp lejeune, NC
The situation in May would be the same except myhubby said he may get deployed  to Africa then. Atleast now He will be home and willing to take leave and be here for me and if I choose to go tomorrow then . MY kids wont start until april 11th and I only have 2 3 month old babies so far and I would not take anymore until I was ll the way healed.

1Haute Diva
on 3/28/11 3:04 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
 3 month olds?  OOh if you can swing it I'd go ahead and do it then.  They are still small and sleep a lot.  And if the hubby is willing to help out for awhile you should be straight.

On a side note.. don't you just hate how deployments can just pop up!  Uggh!
- Shaw

martine0421
on 3/28/11 3:08 am - camp lejeune, NC
yes I do. At first it was like he was going to be home and maybe deploy next year and he came home like 2 weeks ago saying that he may be gettin deployed in may to Africa for 6 months.. I was like w.t.f I need you here. I go alot going  surery day care and all. sooo I think that this would be my safest shot to have him home with me to help out all the way around!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views