Pouch doesn't like fish?

Steen16
on 3/28/11 11:28 am - Cape Coral, FL
I live on the Gulf of Mexico and have loved having fish, shrimp, scallops, etc. whenever my little heart wanted it. Since surgery, I have had fresh fish once (at around 3 months) because by the second bite, my pouch screamed "NOOOoooooo..." So, I waited another month, tried shrimp at Outback (minus the butter and oil) and 3 of them went down perfectly. Thinking my pouch might be over the whole "I don't like fish" thing, I tried plain grilled shrimp a month later and pouch got grumpy again. My surgeon was quite surprised because he hadn't heard of fish causing anyone problems. Anyone else in the same boat??
Highest ever: 297
Pre-Op: 272 (height: 5' 7")
As of November 3rd: 159 (6 BELOW goal!!!!)
Goal: 165 
Pants size: 10  Shirt size: M

ktharp89
on 3/28/11 11:31 am - Gaithersburg, MD
I'm only three weeks out and so far I tried canned crab tonight and my pouch said "HELL NO". I tried fish a little earlier on and my pouch wasn't happy with that either. I am going to try it again when I get to soft food. I hope it works.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

dkwilliams1
on 3/28/11 12:04 pm - AK
oh no !!! I love fish !!! Is this what I have to look forward to ???  DAMN.

deltadawn9
on 3/28/11 12:16 pm
Fish works best for me. I enjoy crabcakes, lobster, shrimp, cod, and last weekend had scallops. I chew chew chew but my pouch likes them all.My first bite of crabcake was 3 weeks post op.

Lady Lithia
on 3/28/11 12:17 pm
Cooked fish - vomit city (stil....at three years)....

Raw Fish and any shrimp...... super duper happy pouch..... the food my pouch loves best in teh whole world.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

ktharp89
on 3/28/11 12:34 pm - Gaithersburg, MD
Lithia, can you handle cooked shrimp? What other meats can you handle?
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Lady Lithia
on 3/28/11 12:40 pm
cooked shrimp is YUM (unless it is fried)

I am 95% successful with beef (every once in a while steak / hamburger bothers me)
I'm about 50% good with chicken
About 75% good with turkey
about 25% good with pork (but mostly fine with bacon and ham)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

LoraLeeME
on 3/28/11 2:17 pm
Could be the way the fish is prepared. A little bit of butter or oil is okay and that's how I eat my fish. Grilled is a dry cooking method and could be the reason you're having trouble. I bake my fish. Try it with a 1/2 tsp of butter or oil with a little bit of salsa or guacamole. That could moisten the fish up enough to make your pouch happy. Or you could try sushi and see if that helps. This is what happened to me.
Jojeki
on 4/1/11 9:56 am - Fall River, MA
Hey Girl - Long time no talk, how have you been?  I had to chuckle when I read your post about seafood and you closed with "anyone else in the same boat"? 
HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145