Am I the only one????

godsend213
on 3/28/11 3:29 am - Fort Carson, CO
Hello. I am almost 2 weeks out of surgery and my insicions don't hurt so much anymore but my insides ache and I feel pressure alot. Not pain but a little discomfort. It's the worst when I get up first thing in the morning, my insides just ache and feel weird. I know I just had major surgery on my stomach but it's just a weird feeling and I want to know if anyone else experienced this. Thanks.
Amber J.
on 3/28/11 3:37 am - Kirkland, WA
 Definitely experienced it. The morning is the worse time for me. I'm three weeks out now and it's finally starting to go away. Your insides are still swollen and healing. When you sleep it's been a while since you've taken your pain meds and, if you lay on your side, you're putting pressure on them. I also get some bad morning sickness depending on what position I slept in. =/

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

godsend213
on 3/28/11 3:55 am - Fort Carson, CO
That's pretty much exactly how I feel. I am very naseous in the morning when I wake up. I also have been laying on my side to relieve my back (since I have been sleeping on that the first week and a half) I feel like a train wreck when I wake up. Especially when get up put and bed and stand up, I feel like I have been beaten. :( 
ceruleanme
on 3/28/11 4:31 am - CA
 Yup... that's happening to me, though I'm really starting to feel better. Last week when I'd wake in the middle of the night, I'd often take a pain killer, and that would help some.
happyhealing
on 3/28/11 5:16 am
After 3 1/2 weeks youll feel back to normal, except for you had radical surgery and just because you feel good on outside doesnt mean your insides are back to healthy.  Keep that in mind, that's why I took 6 weeks off.
Jackie M.
on 3/28/11 6:20 am - Winterville, NC
A lot of this has to do with gas that is used during the surgery.....it can cause pain and bloating for several weeks after surgery. It will subside as your healing progresses. Remember that you re-arranged a lot of piping in there and it is all making adjustments!!!! It will get better!!

brabra1605
on 3/28/11 6:44 am
I will be two weeks out tomorrow and I came back to work today...let me tell you, I feel exhausted and I have a desk job. I do feel achy on my inside and in one of my incisions...still. I am off pain meds since friday but had to take one last night to make sure i woke up feeling good for work.

I am def going back to bed as soon as I get home...rest for the rest of the day...
You are not the only one feeling like this...I think we all do feel the same achiness inside longer than outside. I could not sleep any other way than my bac****il two nights ago, I put a pillow on my back for support and sleep on my side and that felt good.

My biggest problem now is eating enough so that I dont get sick....I am not hungry at all and I feel full with little or no food...so I'm struggling to get my liquids and food down.
Im sure week 3 will be smoother than this first two. (:

Your body will let you know when is running 100% again.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers               
godsend213
on 3/28/11 8:05 am - Fort Carson, CO
Thanks for everyones replies. I feel better knowing this is normal. :) 

I want to participate in life, not observe!  

Most Active
Recent Topics