checking in

sept072010
on 3/29/11 12:52 am
It is odd; I used to live on these boards. More of a lurker than anything but they were my best source of information pre-op. Now I am 6 months out and never visit anymore. I just thought I would drop a line of encouragemnet to any of you on the fence. I am 6 months out and over 100 pounds down. I was off pain medication in less than 24 hours after surgery. I was home and moving around without any pain two days after surgery. I have never gotten stuck. I think I may have dumped once. I eat what I want- just less of it. I make good choices because I want to. I am more active, have a ton more energy and am enjoying all the changes. My labs have been fine and I have honstly had no real isues.
I remember when I read these boards daily I sometimes wondered why there weren't more post that were so positive. It isn't because the stories aren't out there- it is because life gets busy and we don't always take the time to post when there is no real news to share. Anyway- best of luck.
Bobbie D.
on 3/29/11 3:29 am
Hi, I'm a week earlier than you and about the same story. But, I do come here though at least every couple of days. I love reading the stories and questions and have posted a frustration of my own here and there.

You have lost quite a bit more than me, but I am happy with how I feel and it keeps coming off. I do belong to a gym for the first time in my life and I actually go.

Thanks for the post to remind us that there are some positive results going on that are most likely not being seen by some who could use the good news :)

MissTootsie
on 3/29/11 5:58 am - MA
Thank you for your positive post! 

I'm hoping I will be like you after surgery; my date is May 10th.  I am very frightened, but I know I've made the right decision.  

When I come across a post like yours, it makes me feel so much better!!!

"You must do the things you think you cannot do."  Eleanor Roosevelt   

Most Active
Recent Topics