Can't stop eating today!

evan_326
on 3/29/11 11:35 am - Rock Island, IL

Anyone ever have days were you can eat all day and not feel full or satisfied in the least bit? I know these calories are adding up. Help!!!!

sunni1974
on 3/29/11 11:37 am
Yup! I try doing a big frosty shake (use one of Cleopatra_nik's recipes) or tons of herbal tea or lots of vegetable soup (home made with broth and veggies only) fills me up with out the same calorie load. I hear ya and suffer some hungry days myself.
evan_326
on 3/29/11 11:39 am - Rock Island, IL
When I get this way, I usually go for the carrots or apples (negative calorie foods) but, today, has been a total carb day :(
Stacy4442
on 3/29/11 11:38 am
I have those and I know it is in my head.  I have to work hard to avoid this.  Oddly, I find it worst at work.  I pack almonds and protein bars for those times when I have to have something.  It is hard.  A protein bar does not take the place of the big ol' soft pretzel that used to be my 9pm snack.  But I am getting better.  

walterswife
on 3/29/11 12:31 pm
That was me on Sunday.  I was happy when bedtime came.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Koko M.
on 3/29/11 12:56 pm - Albany, CA
Sometimes I have days where it's as if I never even had the surgery. I mean, where it's just amazing to me how much I have eaten in one day. It's still relative, though, you know? On those crazy eating days, it's alarming because it's so much more than I normally eat post-op. But I used to have hungry days pre-op, too, and you could have fed a committee with what I would eat by myself on those days.

Like today, which was a not-very-successful day. I had a Click, then at lunch a half a bagel with LF cream cheese and tomato slices, and about 5 oz roast chicken.
(Yes, all together. Yes, too much, too much, and I paid the price. Oweeeee... I really, really have to slow down when I eat, and not let myself get that hungry.)

Then later I had an orange, and another big Click, and now here I am thinking about dinner.
This has not been a good day, not in terms of what I ate, or of how much. But it's relative, because this would have been a fantastic, screaming success for one of my pre-op, on-a-diet days. And yes, I hate these days, and don't know what it is that makes some days so easy, where you don't even remember food, and some days just so entirely about eating.

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

janet2921
on 3/29/11 4:01 pm - Chicago, IL
It happens to me as well.  I try to keep pickles, fruit and soup around for those days.

Janet
"Respect the pouch & embrace the scale."

cent100

Bobbie D.
on 3/30/11 1:18 am
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one. I've been bringing several small items to work with me as it seems I want something every hour. So if I have dill pickle spears or fresh fruit in between my other meals and snacks I don't feel so guilty. I do see calories are adding up though.......

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views