gatsritis is kicking my butt! Can u help?

Tina Mendonca
on 3/30/11 2:50 pm - Merced, CA

Two weeks ago I had an episode at my PCP's office and it wasn't even an appointment for myself. Turns out I have gastritis and was given some samples of Nexium. I figured after 2 weeks of these samples I would be good as new...NOT THE CASE AT ALL!!! Today was the only day I didn't take it and haven't filled the script and I feel like crap. I have abdominal pain that seems to go all the way up the right side of my neck. It's like I can't breath. I took an antacid and that helped a little bit. Now, my question is.....is this something I will have to treat for the rest of my life because RNY or will it go away after a while? The medicine is pricey, but it works very well. Some of the stuff I read online is scary and I just don't want anymore health problems! Can hypoglycemia and gastritis go hand in hand?

qnmimi
on 3/30/11 3:38 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Unfortunately, nexium is a drug that needs to be consistently given to keep the symptoms at bay, at least until you can get back to your PCP, or a GI doctor. It is very stomach protective, helps keep the acids to a minimum to help your stomach heal, and stay that way. Talk to a gastroenterologist...they will have much better stats on how long treatment should last if it is only gastritis. If you are not eating properly because of pain, your hypoglycemia could worsen. I hope all works out for you, and that you feel better very soon!

Tina Mendonca
on 3/31/11 2:13 am - Merced, CA
Thank you so much for your help. Yes, it has made it very hard to eat, especially since I NEED TO. I haven't slept much either and that has added to the stress. My poor puch feels so achey and weird. But now that I can get my copay taken care of the medicine shouldn't be a problem to afford! I'm so glad to have people like you guys here  to help me. Alot of people don't understand where we are coming from and it makes it hard to communicate the severity of some things to people.

*hugs*

Tina

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/11 10:53 pm - san antonio, TX
 Do you have the Nexium savings card that pays part of your copay? It will pay up to $50 of your copay every month. Go to littlepurple.com and sign up.
Tina Mendonca
on 3/31/11 2:09 am - Merced, CA
OMG, JODI! Thank you so much for the information! I went online and printed the card. THis helps so much. My co-pay was almost $40! I appreciate the help so much...you have no idea!

*hugs*
Tina

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics