Good grief! What is a quality non-chalky multivitatin to take?

catbird123
on 3/31/11 11:53 pm
 I have been taking these chewable gummies from Costco called Vitafusion Prenatal (I'm not pregnant!   I suspect that these may not be the best for me but they taste good.  Do you think I need to get something else, and if so what is a mutivitamin that you would recommend that doesn't have that chalky taste and texture? Thanks a ton!    Catherine 
stacey1000
on 4/1/11 12:07 am - Hillsboro, IL
bariatric advantage has the worst tasting chewable vitamins.
catbird123
on 4/1/11 12:13 am
 Amen!  Awful!   Catherine
Carol M.
on 4/1/11 10:05 am - TX
The rep from Bariatric Advantage suggested letting them dissolve in your mouth.  I have come to like them by doing this.  Before it was just a wad of dry chalk-dust and I could not tolerate it .  
Funin AZsun
on 4/1/11 12:24 am, edited 4/1/11 1:01 am - AZ
From what I have read over the years, Gummes are not the best choice. Do you have a Trader Joe's nearby??? I use Trader Joe's High Potency chewable Multi's. The flavor is pretty decent... well at least I think so!!
Holly
Goal weight reached 12/7/09 ~ 155lbs 5'8"
267 / 155 / 145
SW / GW / CW

"Cat hair is considered a condiment in this house"

Jessica M.
on 4/1/11 12:50 am - Murfreesboro, TN
Celebrate Mandrin orange is my favorite.  They also have a capsule that you can take.  But, I would suggest requesting sample packets from bariatric advantage and celebrate.  That's how I found the multi that I like.  

HW 311/SW 274.4/CW216/GW 130
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/11 1:34 am - NJ
I know you said that BA is yucky, and I agree, with the excpetion of the French Vanilla - they are really, really good.  They aren't gritty and have a nice flavor.
Amber J.
on 4/1/11 5:23 am - Kirkland, WA
 Costco also has Vitafusion MultiVites which are gummy vitamins for adults (but not prenatal). My surgeon actually recommended them to me. They taste great and are easy to get down. I can't stand the chalky ones and they always end up coming back up.

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Bootssie
on 4/1/11 5:41 am - CA
RNY on 12/17/10 with
At the risk of starting a vitamin war....Gummy vitamins do not have what we need according to the ASMBS guidelines.  You need a complete adult multi vitamin.  I take Celebrate in Grape, which I enjoy.  But there are lots of choices, both chewable and swallowable.  Many on here take Centrum Silver.  And before someone else says it, Flintstones do not have everything we need either.

poet_kelly
on 4/1/11 6:27 am - OH
How come your surgeon recommends not taking all the B vitamins or any minerals like zinc, copper or selenium?  That seems very odd to me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.