Breakfast Scramble!! To eat or not to eat!?

BritsAQT89
on 4/3/11 1:28 am
My husband requested a breakfast scramble for breakfast tomorrow since he is deploying!!  It is just basically scrambled eggs mixed with ham, bacon and hashbrown (all cut up)  topped with cheese!!! I would like one as well (maybe without the hashbrown)!!!

What are your thoughts on this!?? ...To eat or not to eat!?

laura_vermont
on 4/3/11 1:32 am
At two weeks out, that might be a bit hard on the tummy.  But, if it fits in your meal plan (I don't think ham or bacon fit with soft/pureed diets.) you could give it a try.  Eggs & cheese were on my list early out -- but eggs are tricky for some of us.  If you're going to try it.... try it at home!
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

unewillow
on 4/3/11 1:35 am - CT

What stage of eating are you on? You're only about 2 weeks out, I would pass. The ham/bacon/hasbrowns would be hard on your new pouch. If you are on purees you could scramble up and egg with cheese and see how that sits, though some people find eggs either work or they don't.

BritsAQT89
on 4/3/11 2:24 am
Well my doctor told me I could eat meat and other soft foods and add new foods slowly!! Eggs and cheese I can definitely eat, and probably ham! But bacon I was unsure of because for home daycare USDA does not consider bacon a meat. I haven't tried ham yet, only chicken and tuna.

redneckgirl43
on 4/3/11 1:51 am - Yukon, OK
RNY on 03/07/11 with
I did a scramble today with sausage & little onion, with cheese on it. First time with egg. It went down good, chewed it too death before swallowing. Its all on my current plan. I know everyone tolerates eggs differently. Good Luck!

RNY revision 3/7/11, Dr. Joya, CW 175, SW 280, HW 302  Lapband placed 1/7/2006 - Lapband removed 1/14/2010;

SugarGrl
on 4/3/11 2:11 am
My breakfast for today?  One half a container of Light and Fit yougurt!

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

allvalerie
on 4/3/11 3:26 am - Seward, AK
I say EAT-minus the hashbrowns
BritsAQT89
on 4/3/11 4:51 am
I agree!!!

Day_dream_believer
on 4/3/11 4:03 am
Tell your husband we wish him well and thankyou for his service. 
BritsAQT89
on 4/3/11 4:51 am
Thanks!! Will do!!

Most Active
Recent Topics