Just Needing to Vent 4 Encouragement

readytobeme2010
on 4/4/11 6:38 am - elkton, MD
UGH yesterday I had one of those "bottomless pouch" days. I actually ate 1436 calories.....WTH??? and it wasn't junk food it was all high protein etc.....but down on myself for letting my calories go so high!!! Today I am feeling FAT, UGLY and wondering if I will ever be one to hit goal or at this point even get to Onederland :(

OK just sharing!!!

MELMEL308
on 4/4/11 7:12 am - PA

Don't let one day get you down.. Brush yourself off, and jump back up!  Its when you keep yourself down thats when you have a problem.. It's done, and its over with...Take an extra long walk especially on this beautiful day!! or do some dancing to cheer youself up

~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
jossiern07
on 4/4/11 7:22 am
Girl just saty focused, u said it yourself it was not crap it was all protein so your ok. Keep your eye on the prize.

LawyerGirl
on 4/4/11 11:18 am - Philadelphia, PA
 OK, I understand why you're upset.  But please try to put it into persepctive.  Imagine if we had been able to eat less than 1500 calories every day before we had surgery?  We'd be really proud of ourselves, because the truth is we probably ate double or nearly triple that on a daily basis.
So, please calm down.  You're not ugly and the best thing is that every day is a new day to make a different choice.  Whether you reach your goal or make onderland is up to you and your RNY is still in tact despite the calories you ate.  I know you can do it.  

Are you living or are you existing?  Check out my blog at http://toexistortolive.blogspot.com to find out!
franRN76
on 4/4/11 9:48 pm - PA
1st of all, it was only one day.  2nd of all maybe your body needed the calorie boost.  I know that when I am working out alot extra, I tend to eat about 200-300 more calories and probably could eat more.  I just feel famished. 

I agree with the other poster.  Imagine what you were eating before.  More likely triple that amount.  So this is still alot better than that.  Also if you live by the 80/20% rule, you will be ok.  In other words if you do what you are suppose to do most days of the week and one day dont, then your body will be ok. 

Lighten up on yourself.  This is a learning process.  It is life.  Some days will be better than others.  It is not an all or nothing type thing.  Learn from what you do today to help with tomorrow or the next.  

I still think that may your body was telling u that you needed more calories.  What are u averagin in a day? How active are u? What kind of exercise routine?

Most Active
Recent Topics