morning protein....help

sexynblessed
on 4/3/11 3:35 pm - Tacoma, WA
 besides dairy based stuff what is a good morning food that is protein packed? ughh i'm sooo trying but i don't eat till like almost 11am everyday by then i'm really hungry....help please and dairy based food seem's to not sit well after my rny :( 

bowknot
on 4/3/11 3:47 pm
I'm still having a protein shake for breakfast.  My pouch just doesn't seem to like food in the morning.  It is nearly iron-clad the rest of the day.  I can pretty much eat anything.

Kay

fatfreemama
on 4/3/11 3:54 pm - San Jose, CA
 Well, it's dairy but now I mix non-fat greek yogurt with 1/2 cup kashi go lean, some blueberries and some splenda.  But I started with just munching on a cup of the Kashi Go Lean (13g protein) for breakfast.  Have you tried soft or scrambled eggs?  How about some turkey slices wrapped around apple slices?  Just because it's breakfast doesn't mean it has to be breakfast food.  

Jan
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

poet_kelly
on 4/3/11 7:29 pm - OH
Anything you want.  Doesn't have to be a traditional breakfast food.

Eggs.  cheese - if that's too much dairy, you could try soy cheese.  Protein bars.  Non-dairy protein shakes.  Deli sliced meat.  chicken.  Leftover from dinner the night before, whatever you ate then.  Apple slices with peanut butter.  Beans - yeah, I have indeed been known to eat beans for breakfast.  Eat whatever you want.  Try not thinking in terms of "breakfast foods" but just in terms of protein foods.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sexynblessed
on 4/4/11 1:26 am - Tacoma, WA
 thanks so much for these great ideas!!! i have never looked at it as "non-breakfast" just get protein in, i think that if i try that approach it may really help 
tressie007
on 4/4/11 1:39 am
I had a hot shake this morning which was great.....
1 scoop body fortress choc peanut butter 26g protein
1 heaping tablespoon of instant coffee
1 packet of splenda w/fiber

First time I had it and it was a nice change of pace and my pouch appreciated something warm for a change.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views