Egg White Omelette!!!

BritsAQT89
on 4/4/11 1:38 am
Finally a breakfast other than protein shakes!!!

Made myself an omelette with liquid egg whites, diced ham and shredded cheddar cheese!!!
...I think I found myself my breakfast for the next couple of months!!! =)

Now to find something for lunch & dinner!
Any suggestions/thoughts!??

godsend213
on 4/4/11 2:00 am - Fort Carson, CO
Hello. We had our surgery on the same day. I just wondered how you did with the ham? I have been eating alot of chicken and tuna but would like to add some ham or sausage into the mix.

I want to participate in life, not observe!  

lee12197
on 4/4/11 2:13 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with
mmm sounds good! im very jelous i had surgery before you both and the only kind of meat i can eat is tuna and fish....as for your dinner and lunch i eat tuna fish, egg salad and refried or pinto beans with cheese...they are all really good!

BritsAQT89
on 4/4/11 2:13 am
Hi!!
I just ate breakfast about an hour and a half ago, so far so good with the ham! It was the really small diced ham and I used about a tablespoon. Of course I chewed it really well so it went down smoothly!! 

So far I have tried pork chop (tender & chopped really small), chicken, tuna, backed catfish, ham, and chopped/shredded beef, 1/2 slice of microwaved bacon. All went really well. The pork chop and beef and made me REALLY full for a LONG time!! Wasnt able to eat more than an ounce or 2 of any of the meats (mostly from my husbands plate). But none made me sick.

Hope this helps!!!

godsend213
on 4/4/11 2:26 am - Fort Carson, CO
Thanks! I snuck a few bites of sausage off the pizza my hubby and the kids had the other night and it was fine. There has not been anything that has made me sick so far. (knock on wood)! I just get realy really full for a long time when I eat anything it seems like. I am so afraid to get sick so I hate trying new foods lol

I want to participate in life, not observe!  

hellokittycrazee
on 4/4/11 12:36 pm - NJ

I had surgery 3/15 also. (despite what my profile says...idk how to change it lol)  I made something yummy tonight for dinner that worked well for me.  I cut up boneless chicken thighs and marinated them in plain greek yogurt mixed with dry ranch dressing mix.  I lightly breaded them with whole wheat bread crumbs and baked.  They were really moist, and I set aside some yogurt ranch to dip them in.

I have a happy pouch, so nothing that I've eaten has bothered me yet.  I had chicken sausage from trader joes that were yummy but had to be chewed a lot. 

I like to see what post ops around the same time as me are doing and eating.  It's hard to know what's 'normal', so it helps to hear your experiences.  :-)

Meg

Most Active
Recent Topics