Losing steam already???

jandjlove2010
on 4/4/11 9:47 am
The surgery went great Thursday! Me and my mom have been on liquids for approximately 4 days and we are already going CRAAAZY! It's only been 4 days and I'm already about to go into conniptions. Does anyone feel like this? What do u do to sustain yourself in this "transitioning" stage.

We need some encouragement to get through these next 10 loooong days :(

ME:Surgery 354/Goal 154/NOW 275
MOM:Surgery 315/Goal 140/NOW 247

severman
on 4/4/11 10:04 am - Indianapolis, IN
 It's nice that you have each other along your journey!  Does your plan allow you protein shakes yet?  I am 8 years post op and they still leave me with a sense of feeling full longer than other liquids.  Wishing you the best of luck!  You can do it!!!

Stephanie E
jandjlove2010
on 4/4/11 10:08 am
Thanks Stephanie! We are on protein and it does help. It's not hunger thats bothering us, it's cravings. We want to chew something.
pullenlb
on 4/4/11 10:13 am
My surgery was Thursday as well...My husband is an excellent cook and just cooked he and our children bowtie pasta with chicken and cream sauce...mmmm..just looking forward to when I can have a little taste too.
Lori  
RNY ~ 3/31/11

jandjlove2010
on 4/4/11 10:19 am
o wow thats sounds so good!! I'm glad I didn't have to smell it (it would kill me). But no worries, one day we both will be able to have little tastes
Momma2nicknmike
on 4/4/11 10:23 am - Beavercreek, OH
   In the hospital, they gave me a little single serving of Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice that was almost completely frozen.   It was so nice to drink a bit and then chew on the cranberry flavored ice  I kept this up when I got home and kept freezing cranberry juice to chew on.  I also had some of the Edy's Sugar free popsicles.  Both of those things really helped!
   Congrats on your surgery!

Lynne    

jandjlove2010
on 4/4/11 1:11 pm
Thanks! I will try that cranberry juice idea, it sounds refreshing
LawyerGirl
on 4/4/11 10:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Are you allowed to have sugar free ice pops on this stage.  That's the one thing I could crunch on tbat helped. Also, others may disagree with me on this, but I'm just sharing my personal experience.  I found it was helpful to think of or research RNY friendly ways to prepare someof the foods I was craving.  For example, one thing I really craved was pizza.  (Strange because I never liked pizza before surgery).  So, I researched and created recipes for me to try down the line.  I found it interesting to create healthy ways to enjoy old favorites.  Good luck!  You'll be fine and it's great that you're there to support one another.

Are you living or are you existing?  Check out my blog at http://toexistortolive.blogspot.com to find out!
xxkiyaxx
on 4/4/11 11:23 am - NY
I completely understand!!!  The liquid part was so difficult.  I would cry every time I had to have another one of the "icky" shakes.  Honestly, I can't give too much encouragement as I have been going crazy with the severe restrictions every step of the way (I want the healthy things, just not "puree", etc.), but I can say you're not alone.  The one thing getting me through is 1) I don't want complications because I do something stupid and 2) In just a few more weeks I can start exploring the world of food through a whole new set of eyes (or stomach).  I'm hoping that all the "discipline" I've had to implement now will make it so much easier for me to pick the right foods later, which I have always lacked.

Good luck!  I'm glad your surgery went well!  You'll get through this!

Cherylkas
on 4/4/11 11:29 am - PA
 I had my surgery Friday and am on clear liquids till Friday. So no protien shakes for me. But I miss the crunch as well so I crunch on a sf popsicle or some small ice chips works wonders for me.  I like the frozen cranberry juice tho will have to do that tomorrow.
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Most Active
Recent Topics