The big day is tomorrow

Lori S.
on 4/5/11 3:00 am - Burbank, CA
So, I'm calling today my last "fat day" because tomorrow I'm going in and having surgery.  So excited but yet very scared.  I find myself wondering am I really ready for this?  After months of classes and prep work and researching do I really know all there is to know about the surgery in order to make it successful?  I'm sure or at least hoping that everyone goes thru the last minute anxieties.  Any last minute pats on the butt or words of encouragement would be MUCH appreciative right now... 

Lori
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do - John Wooden

poet_kelly
on 4/5/11 3:15 am - OH
I'm guessing you know enough to go ahead with it.  You'll keep learning as you go.  You just have last minute jitters, which is normal.

Good luck.  We'll save you a seat on the loser's bench.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

1Haute Diva
on 4/5/11 3:18 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
 I'm still pre-op but just wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow.  And enjoy your last "fat day" .
- Shaw

shoven21187
on 4/5/11 3:21 am - Saint Paul, MN
 You aren't alone with the last minute jotters, trust me! My last month I had them off and on and especially the day before and morning of surgery! I wanted to run out of that hospital room so bad!! But I just kept reminding myself that I made this decision over months of testing and talking and researching while I was in a more solid frame of mind. My first week post op was real hard mentally so I used that same reasoning to get through that as well. I am only 2 weeks post op and can already say that I think it was worth it! Good luck!!! And you keep learning every day after surgery, so you dont need to know absolutely everything there is to know beforehand. Everyone reacts differently and you will need to take time to figure out what works for you and what doesnt. 

hkailey
on 4/5/11 4:57 am
I will call it my last fat day as well.  I am having surgery at 7am tomorrow.  I am a mixed bag of emotions right now.  We ARE READY FOR THIS!!!!!  I will see you my friend....on the losers bench
Dee2011
on 4/5/11 7:42 am - PA
Good Luck to both you ladies.  I'll be right behind you on Friday and I am quite nervous and rethinking my decision; but then I realize that it for a healthier life and to get rid of the comorbidities.  Prayers and thouhghts are with you.
cynthialee4
on 4/5/11 8:50 am - RI
i'm also having surgery tomorrow! I am so excited about the future, just worried about doing it right. I have talked to so many people about this, and have been getting prepared for a few months now that I am ready for my journey to begin! Lori, it will be fine and so worth it. I don't feel that I know anywhere near enough about what to do after the surgery. But, this site and the Dr and NUT. will be there to answer any questions you have. I guess we have to take it one step at a time. Good luck!  CIndy