Water, vitamins and food oh my!!!

NIXMOMMIE
on 4/7/11 10:00 pm - NC
OK, I am only 9 days post op.  However, I am still having difficulty getting everything in.  I was given a meal plan to try and follow, but I can not get everything in.  Yesterday I finished 2 and a half bottles of water 16.9 oz bottles.  I think if i was able to get all the protein and water in my weight loss would be more impressive.  I hate the vitamins.  My nut said to get everything liquid, so I did.  GROSSNESS in liquid form.  As far ad food.  I can only eat about 2 tsp of anything.  What to d, what to do.

keepitoff91
on 4/7/11 10:26 pm
My surgeons office was pretty clear that those first two weeks you would NOT get it in, no matter how hard you try.  Sounds to me like you're doing pretty good!  Try chewable vitamins, I can't imagine how gross the liquids must be.  **Shiver**
CarolinaJerseyGirl
on 4/8/11 12:03 am
Chewable vitamins aren't that much better. By the time you chew them all up it feels like you've filled up your pouch and eaten a whole meal. I've even started crushing them and mixing with applesauce and eating them that way.
I'm 17 days out and can now eat 1-2 ounces of pureed food at a time. First week post op I had all liquids, then 3 weeks of pureed and then will be on to soft foods starting week 5.  I drink 2 protein skakes a day (each has a double scoop of protin powder so there's 40 GM in each shake). Right now my goal is 70-90 GM of protein/day and at least 64 ounces of fluids. The protein is easy but the fluids are not. I am gradually working my way up to 64 ounces. I just keep sipping away all day long.
Sandy  

NIXMOMMIE
on 4/8/11 12:15 am - NC
hey there, i just had a conversation with my nut.  I am a little disturbed by how flipid she was about my concern.  I just want to make sure I do not die from malnutrition.  LOL.  Anyhow, are you a transplant from Jersey?  I am also, but way of VA.  Anyway, I was thinking of increasing my protein shake to 1 and a half scoops 2x a day.  That would give me 38g per shake and hopefully help with healing and weight loss.  As far as the vitamins, ick!  I hate them.  And liquid, pill, or chushed, like you said they take up all the room in my pouch.

Mandypants402
on 4/8/11 1:12 am - Canada
I was told to take prenatal vitamins... Do they come in chewable form?
jillbhappy
on 4/8/11 3:14 am - Oceanside, CA

Take a deep breath and give yourself a break. You are not expected to get it all in right away. You will over time . Just do your best, my goodness you are only days out. As far as your vits go i only like Celebrates chewables (Ive tried a bunch!) and I use Bariatric Advantage calcium chews (they taste like laffy taffy).  Most companies will send you samples.

You are gonna be fine I promise and you won't die from malnutrition, we have enough extra on us to last a while

Jill
Surgery date 2/8/10
Start weight 264

Nothing Great Was Ever Achieved Without Enthusiasm!