questions about vitamins and calcium?

kderry9138
on 4/7/11 2:31 am - Powder Springs, GA
So I am 7 months out and I must admit I am not the best at remembering to take my calcium and vitamins.  I just got back from visiting my great aunt who is now suffering from degeneration in her spine and she freaked out on me about my calcium intake.  Can we take things like Boniva or any of the prescription calciums or pills or do we have to take the chewable over the counter ones?  Also, do our vitamins have to be chewable or can I take the multivitamin pill?

The greatest legacy a mother can leave her children is the quality of her own life. ~Unknown
HW-285 - Pre-op 270 - GW 150        
Lady Lithia
on 4/7/11 2:42 am
As far out as you are.... you can take pills..... citracal is great .... you can dissolve it in water if you want, or get UpCalD

You should also take two multivitamins, I'd take pills, Centrum is good, I get the generic Walgreens One-a-day Womens (and take two a day)

You should also be taking sublingual B12.... this is essential because if you get too low you can get permanent irreversable nerve damage

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Lady Lithia
on 4/7/11 2:44 am
pS I was BAD about the vitamins for a while, but have, as you, seen the light.

HERE is where I get my UpCal D... it's a powder that can be mixed in your beverages, 500 mg per scoop, four doses a day, one can isn't too expensive and has something like 100+ scoops in it..

UpCal D - 20 oz Can

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

poet_kelly
on 4/7/11 2:58 am - OH
You can take pills.  Do they even make prescription calcium?  I did not know that but you can take any calcium CITRATE that you want.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 329 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 456 views