HOORAY! Surgery date- better speed up the coffee weaning?

Valery A.
on 4/7/11 11:45 pm - Johns Creek, GA
Well I am very excited;       I just got my surgery date (May 2).
 I figured that coffee was not high on the fresh post op diet list so I have started to cut back on my caffeine intake in an effort to wean slooow  and avoid the dreaded caffeine headaches.  So far not going so well.  I am still getting nightly headaches, and finally last night I broke down and took Excedrin- which kind of defeats the purpose of decreasing caffeine and I shouldnt be taking aspirin too. 
So I was wondering if any of you wise and experienced "Losers"(I mean this in a good way) have suggestions on "painless" caffeine detoxing.
Or are there caffeine options for fresh post op? cold coffee? caffeinated teas?   Thanks All
 Valery,
Ready to be a Loser
Things dont change, we do  - Henry David Thoreau

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 4/8/11 12:00 am
Congrats!

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

carolbed
on 4/8/11 1:13 am - attleboro, MA
I had my surgery May 17 2006, and never got rid of the coffee.   In fact, iced coffee comforts my pouch when I am in distress...( ate too much or digestion problems)  In fact I got tea in the hospital the next day after my surgery.
Day_dream_believer
on 4/8/11 9:31 am
I cut out all diet drinks and went down to one cup of coffee a day.  After the first day or two it wasn't too bad.  Then I cut out my morning cup of coffee and replaced it with decaf tea.  The first week was the hardest for me.