alright party people tell me the fix....

215broad
on 4/8/11 5:32 am - PA

I want to lose more weight from my stomach, back, arms and thighs only. Please tell me how to target my weight loss. I'm down to a size 6, but I still weigh 169lbs. I'd like to get to around 140, but I don't want to be a 2 or 0. I've always lost weight first down the bottom and have always been bigger up the top.

Tell me how to get it done with the results I want.....

InkdSpEdTchr
on 4/8/11 5:42 am
Sorry to rain on your parade, but there isn't a way to lose in a specific spot. Your body gets to decide what goes and when....just luck of the draw I'm afraid!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Jennifer M.
on 4/8/11 5:47 am
Weight lifting helps target a specific area. Remember though, for losing weight do more reps with less weights..as opposed to more weight with less reps for body building. I am doing this now actually. My husband is a body builder - so its like having my own very painful personal trainer. lol

Oh and make sure you are lifting smooth and controlled movements...I see alot of people just really getting after it with no control of the weights. Plus making sure you have correct form. Good luck and congrats on the weight you've lost so far! :)

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/8/11 5:55 am - Baltimore, MD
What Inkd said...you can't choose where you LOSE fat...you can choose where you BUILD muscle.
Jennifer M.
on 4/8/11 8:18 am
This is true it will build muscle but it also burns fat.  But as muscle is building - fat is burning. This is why sit ups work. Youre focusing on more reps instead of adding more weight. It really is your best option for targeting an area.  Of course cardio is best for burning fat...but if you want to target a certain area..weight lifting can do that. :)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 446 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 362 views