Plateau? Not sure

shilarose
on 4/7/11 9:06 pm - Kingston, PA

Hello All,
I am just a little over 7 months out from my gastric bypass surgery :)  I have lost a total of 124 pounds so far, feel great.  I exercise regularly at the gym.  For the past 3 weeks my weight has either not moved at ALL or has fluctuated up and down between 3 pounds. 

I am getting SO frustrated...I have about 40 more pounds to my goal...any suggestions?  I am eating the right amt of calories, getting in my fluids, and have increased intensity at the gym with my weight loss as I loose...Im scared somehow i have stretched my pouch, and no longer loosing?  I don't know lol BUT i sure hope to start loosing again soon!

stephdacruz
on 4/7/11 9:39 pm - New Bedford, MA
i was in the same boat. my surgery was 8/23/10 and i didn't loose anything from month six to month seven. i just kept doing the things i've always done liquids, protein and exercise. the only thing i did slightly different was up my exercise by taking kickboxing once a week. then one week i weighed myself and lost 6 lbs. so i bet you'll be loosing again before you know it. congrats on your success.
Baltimorebabe813
on 4/7/11 10:24 pm - Nottingham, MD
I have been having the same problem.  I am a little over a year out and I am now running and in training for a half marathon, but have stopped losing weight (been fluctuating with the same 4 pounds for a month).  For the past two week I have changed up my exercise program.  I add a kicking boxing class, replaced a run day with the elliptical and added some swimming.  I read some where that once your body gets use to your exercise routine then it does not burn as many calories for the same amount of exercise (it learns how to work more efficiently).

Try changing up your exercise and you should see the scale move again (I did - lost two pounds this week and am finally in the 170's).  Don't worry, your not done, just on pause.

onlyoneboy
on 4/7/11 11:15 pm - St. Paul Park, MN
I'm in the same boat as well.  I'm 9 months out and on a two month stall.  This morning the scale finally moved down a pound.  I'm hoping it will keep going.  Granted I only want to loose another 5 lbs. but I want to loose another 5 lbs.

poet_kelly
on 4/7/11 11:42 pm - OH
If you're eating the right amount of calories, it wouldn't matter if you stretched your pouch or not.  But it would be unlikely that you have.

You're having a stall.  It happens.  You'll lose more.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

shilarose
on 4/8/11 2:03 am - Kingston, PA
Thanks everyone! This made me feel better
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 346 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 292 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 462 views