So Emotional surgery is Weds 4/13/11

thinofficersgirl
on 4/11/11 5:58 am - Owings, MD
RNY on 04/13/11 with
Hello OH family my surgery is weds and I am so emotional one minute I am exstatic and ready to move forward the next minute I am nervous and tearing up, and just had visions of my family standing at my funeral!  Wow I need some up lifting words! 

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 6:07 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Honey, just relax!  These medical folks are pros, and they don't want to lose a patient.  In fact, it ****** them off royally, so they do everything they can to make sure you're a success story.

These last 48 hours are like all the birthdays and Christmases you ever had, all rolled up into one!

Just go to the Before & After photos on this site and go through them one by one;  this will help to distract you and will keep you motivated.

Then on Tuesday night you'll be so busy with the mag citrate two-step you won't be able to concentrate on anything else!

In the next 3 months you'll be focusing on new ways of eating, exercising, and shrinking out of your wardrobe--Victoria's Secret here you come!

Hang in there!
condrabo
on 4/11/11 6:10 am
No need to get emotional... this is a GOOD thing! As long as you follow your docs orders, you'll do just fine! 

Good luck on Wednesday!
HW/283/CW 191/SGW 160/PGW 140
Height 5'7"         

Pattycarr1962
on 4/11/11 6:26 am - OR
What you are feeling is natural. Just hang in there. This is probably one of the best decisions you will make in your life. I just had surgery in January and was struggling with walking around. Now I feel so much better and I can walk with little pain and I feel so much healthier. Just find things to take your mind off the upcoming surgery and you will get through this.

Barbie F.
on 4/11/11 7:17 am - ME
 today is my 2 weeks from my surgery.. i know where your coming from.. I had the same thoughts and fears whos goin to be there for my kids and whats goin to happen to my grandkids if im not here.. all kinds of things go through your mind.. but you'll be fine. i was so terrified i almost cancled out the night before my surgery. i am so glad i didnt, the actual day of surgery i wasnt scared or nervous at all..  good luck and post about bout it after.. once again you'll be fine and glad you did it,,,,

mcclellandjulia
on 4/11/11 11:07 am - Pineland, TX
Relax and think of all the good things to come. Remember, if God brought you to it, he'll bring you through it. You'll be fine.