paranoia post

berrixblonde
on 4/11/11 6:12 am - NY
My nuts plan seems to focus on LOW FAT not LOW CARB. I feel like this will hurt me in the end because we dont fully absorb fat but we do absorb carbs. Also, i'm suppose to eat 1000-1200 calories at ONE MONTH! out and my nutritionist said if i'm not reaching that with 3, 1/2 cup meals, eat 4 or eat more than 1/2 cup if tolerated. I see on here that people did not eat 1/2 cup or more until many more months down the road. I haven't been eating near 1000 calories a day. i feel like im hindering my weight loss by eating my refried beans with greek yogurt and a cheese stick and chili. I havent strayed at all and i think im making good food choices. no pasta bread or anything even remotely close to a "treat" so am i being paranoid?? -Nicole
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 6:19 am - Santa Cruz, CA
It seems as if every nutritionist has a different plan;  I'm not sure I was able to eat 1,000 cal/day at one month out either.  Actually, if you look at the calorie count of milk you can get about half of that in a day.

Go by what you feel is right;  listen to your signals.  If you get a runny nose, or sneeze, or belch, then you're done.  If you overeat, you WILL pay.  Or, that is, your new little pouch will make you pay!

Avoid refined flour, pasta, rice, bread, potatoes, make sure you eat protein first. 

I think some nutritionists think that you might inadvertently restrict your intake too much, and we do need to put food into our systems. 

My surgeon pretty much left us alone to make our own decisions, just gave us guidelines.  Everyone has such different tastes in food.

Good luck.
DComstock2010
on 4/11/11 6:23 am - CA
In a way yes, but I think we all feel like that at some point during those first few months. I have learned that there are several different plans out there that different surgeons use. Follow it as closely as you can. If you cannot eat as much as she/he wants you to then tell them and take it from there. I am supposed to eat 4-6 times a day. I was told that if I did not eat enough it could hinder my weight loss, the reason being that you need to eat a certain amount to keep you metabolism up so that your body does not just hold on to everything you eat and store it as fat. I am almost 2 months out and I doubt I eat above 800 calories a day. I pretty much eat protein all day long and sneak in about 1 serving of veggies.
RNY- 2/18/2011

navymom13760
on 4/11/11 6:30 am - Endicott, NY
Follow your nut guidelines but at the sametime, don't over eat.  You WILL pay.  I'm 13 months post op and eat about 3/4 to 1 cup of food at a meal, 3 times a day with 2 snacks.  I get about 1200 cal.  I've only been able to do this for about 3 months.  Listen to your pouch, eat health and keep up with water.  You will be fine.

I am perfectly content being perfectly UN-perfect

Start Weight 292/Surgical Weight 266/Current Weight 150