Late to the Party???

robynlynnm
on 4/11/11 6:26 am - Westminster, MD
I am 6 days post op and was not feeling very well today.  Dizzy, light headed and in a fog.  I have been feeling like that for almost the whole time.  Doc said maybe sugar.  I started nursing an Isopure (40grams protein) and started to feel much better.  Realizing I must not of been getting enough protein I decided to eat some greek yogurt.  Well OMG, I discovered a great taste.  I wanted to experiment with some spices to make it taste better then just the plain.  I decided to go the sweet route.  I added a sweet & low, a lot of cinnamon and some pumpkin pie spice,  IT WAS AWESOME!!!   I am not even a big pumpkin pie flavor person but this was great.  Not sure if this has been something that everyone knows about but I had to post as soon as I ate this to let others know you gotta try it.
seattledeb
on 4/11/11 11:39 am
Greek yogurt is a great source of protein. There are so many things you can do with it. I use it as a base for many dips.

Karen O.
on 4/11/11 12:02 pm - Weirton, WV
I am going to have to try that with my greek yogurt in the morning! Thanks for the heads up! Sounds super yummy!

~Karen
HW - 340   SW - 320 (3/15/11)   CW - 225   GW - 150       
chantaljoy
on 4/12/11 2:25 am
My surgery was the same day as yours, and today I feel like what you describe.  I'm having my husband pick me up the ingredients to make this "pumpkin pie yogurt" and hopefully I'll feel better too.