Anyone who has medicaid

Kathy M.
on 4/11/11 1:02 pm - summershade, KY
Please can anyone that has  Kentucky medicaid  tell me how long it took get approval for surgery

Kathy M

Bucketta
on 4/11/11 1:25 pm
 I don't know anyone that has Medicaid, but you might be able to ask on the KY forum, I know it appears all they talk about is what they ate but surely someone could answer this question. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/KY/a,messageboard/

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

Bucketta
on 4/11/11 1:30 pm
 I googled Medicaid and Weight Loss surgery and came up with this. 

Covered Services: Gastric Restrictive  or Bypass Surgery if the following are  met: 1) Presence of severe co-morbidity endangering health;  2) All other forms of weight loss  have been exhausted with  legitimate efforts by the patient  and doctor,  3) Sources of weight gain have been  identified and subsequent treatment was attempted; 4) Documentation that at least one  other physician besides the  surgeon has been consulted and  approved of the surgery as a last  resort treatment; and  5) The recipient is at least 100  pounds over the maximum weight  of height and weight category. 1
There were many more links but below is where I got the above. 

http://www.stopobesityalliance.org/wp-content/themes/stopobesityalliance/pdfs/Medicaid_Fee-For-Service_Treatment_of_Obesity_Intervention.pdf

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

cegirl6
on 4/11/11 1:46 pm - Westminster, CA
RNY on 03/12/12 with
That was a great link....I'm in California and I'm on medi-cal which is our states medicaid program,  and since I'm in Orange County, I have Cal Optima.  I was authorized to see a bariatric surgeon and everything was just submitted today, to my medical group, for authorization for a gastric bypass.  I should know in 2-3 weeks if Im approved. At least in my state it is possible for it to be covered, where as in some states it is specifically excluded.  Good luck.
Kathy M.
on 4/11/11 10:52 pm - summershade, KY
Thank you all for your help Love this site

Kathy M

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?