Maybe an over share, but only you all would know about post op stool

NIXMOMMIE
on 4/11/11 11:53 am - NC
OK, so this morning I was feeling really good.  Went out with my parents as I am still not driving.  We went to breakfast.  I had 2, maybe 3 teaspoons of grits and about 1/2 cup of tea wil equal and non dairy creamer.  Later in the day I da a bout of yello, neon, watery stool.  Sorry so TMI-ish, but I was not sure what this was about.  I drank the tea while we talked and waited for breakfast.  Maybe 15 or 20 minutes, not the full 30.  Would this have contributed to the situation.  Any thoughtas are helpful.  Thanks

happyhealing
on 4/11/11 12:35 pm
At least you can go, I feel like a rabbit.  Benefiber isnt cutting it.  Good luck, mabye there was too much sugar in something, or the non dairy creamer. 
Pam G.
on 4/11/11 1:02 pm - Pierre, SD
It's happened to me.  I think it's our bodies emptying our intestines, the neon yellow color I think is referred to as bile.  For me if it happens right away it's because of too much sugar.  I'm 3 months out and mine have been fairly loose the whole time, knock on wood that they dont turn to constipation as I've read its pretty tough on us.

Pam G     

gochristy1971
on 4/11/11 1:18 pm - CA
I had my surgery on 3/28, and I've had a couple of green-ish loose stools.  My nurse practitioner warned me about greenish black stools, getting the anesthesia out of my system, but that never happened.  I don't think it's anything to worry about, nor do I think it's "dumping"...but if you are concerned as the doc!  :-)