What could have happend?

cegirl6
on 4/12/11 12:33 pm - Westminster, CA
RNY on 03/12/12 with
So I've been trying to get a hold of my friend all day because she was scheduled for lap band surgery this morning..well she sent me a message saying that the surgery didnt work out again (she had breathing problems when they put her under on her first surgery date)..well she just got home and doesnt feel like talking, but shes in a lot of pain because apparently they did all the incisions, but didnt finish the surgery... Has that ever happened to anyone before? I'll talk to her tomorrow but I just dont know what to think..

brwneyz
on 4/12/11 12:35 pm
Holy hell...that sucks.
Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

Ladytazz
on 4/12/11 1:03 pm
I've actually heard about 2 different women who were put under for RNY surgery and woke up without it being done because their livers were too big. They had to have the instruments in and everything. That is very unfortunate and I am glad that never happened to me.
april1887
on 4/12/11 1:13 pm - PA
I have a friend who didn't follow the pre-op diet and the dr cancelled her surgery because her liver was fatty..
NIXMOMMIE
on 4/12/11 9:06 pm - NC
Once she was under, she may not have responded well to anesthesia. She probably had to be awakened before they could finish, so that she did not have awful complications.

CarolinaJerseyGirl
on 4/13/11 12:49 am
It happens with all kinds of surgeries. Some people don't respond well to general anesthesia. My heart goes out to her.
I don't understand the people who do not  follow the surgeon's instructions and have their surgeries cancelled. The case before me was cancelled because she stopped and got a Starbuck's coffee on the way to the hospital. Who does that going into major surgery??? It was good for me because it bumped me up to the first case of the day.
Sandy  

SugarGrl
on 4/13/11 1:15 am
Wow that really does suck eggs.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

cegirl6
on 4/13/11 2:59 pm - Westminster, CA
RNY on 03/12/12 with
They ended up stopping because her blood pressure kept fluctuating...high, then low, then too high again, plus her oxygen was too low.  Last time they tried and stopped, she ended up with pneumonia,  This time she had all the incisions and they stopped..but they stapled her shut..I never heard of being closed up with staples from this surgery..shes not going to try again. She said she cant keep doing this to her body because her body must not want this.

Hopefully, I'll do fine on mine..I've been under anesthesia at least 9 times in my life and I've never had an issue, tho i think I have sleep apnea (waiting for sleep study results) so Im not sure how that would affect me now.

Most Active
Recent Topics