Female question.....

godsend213
on 4/13/11 10:08 am - Fort Carson, CO
Has anyone experienced an irregular period since having surgery? I had my surgery March 15th and got my period 4 days later, all was normal. Well this month it's kinda weird and acts like it wants to start but kinda unsure lol. It's just very different. Sorry if you think it's gross but had to ask. Thanks.

I want to participate in life, not observe!  

C J
on 4/13/11 10:27 am - Franklin, MA

Oh yeah, that's totally normal after what we just put our bodies thru... I had my surgery on a monday and got my period a week later (right on schedule) but yeah, it wasn't exactly how it's been in previous months... February was a little wacky also but March was right on

SIDE NOTE: I'm on the pill myself - and going to stay on it for a while to keep my cycle regular while I wait for my Mirena consult in May --- I'm terrified of not being "protected"  and the pill alone is not effective birth control during/after substantial weight loss combined with malabsorbtion! 

So uhm...  be careful!!! 

godsend213
on 4/13/11 11:03 am - Fort Carson, CO
Thanks. I have my tubes tied so not worried so much about getting pregs. It's also been an off color if that makes sense. Not so much red but more brown. I was hoping someone experienced that. I really dont want to call the gyne...ughhh lol

I want to participate in life, not observe!  

Karen O.
on 4/13/11 11:32 am - Weirton, WV
We have the same surgery date! I was on my period for surgery (started 3/14) - and I finally got my period today (right on schedule for me)... HOWEVER - it is extremely light and kind of brownish and I have been crampy for three days (highly unusual) and the cramps today have made me miserable! Seriously miserable. I normally have very long, heavy periods with little cramping - so this has been the total opposite of normal for me. I'm not too concerned, my hormones will get back to normal soon enough, I'm sure.

I had already made an appt at the gyne for next week to change my birth control anyways, so I'll be asking, but I'm not too concerned yet - we did just put our bodies through MAJOR surgery to have our guts rearranged. It may take a month or two to get back to normal.

~Karen
HW - 340   SW - 320 (3/15/11)   CW - 225   GW - 150