Hernia Surgery Tomorrow Bowel Prep Question

Ladytazz
on 4/14/11 9:28 am
I have surgery in the morning.  Thank God I don't have to be there at 5 am like last time.  I have to be there at 9 am.  My surgeon doesn't require a bowel prep but I would like to have one anyway.  I would like to avoid straining for as long as possible since that is what I believe caused it in the first place.
I bought a bottle of the magnesium citrate but I really hate the thought of drinking it.  I was thinking a taking some milk of magnesia instead.  Not any better tasting but maybe I would have to use less?  I took some a while back though and it took like 2 days to work.  I am also considering an enema.  What would be the least painful, most effective way to go?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Lady Lithia
on 4/14/11 9:38 am

They used to have Fleet's Phospho Soda (off the shelves now) ..... TWO ounces of liquid, and away you went. WAY easier than my most recent bowel prep. But since that is no longer available, you have to do the more bulky stuff.

Miralax in high doses is the same as the bowel prep you can get by prescription.... you'll want to drink a TON of clear liquid with it.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
Recent Topics