ER visit from HELL update!!

berrixblonde
on 4/14/11 1:00 pm, edited 4/14/11 1:14 pm - NY
  So the ER my surgeon told me to report to yesterday said that if the rectal bleeding occured again to come back for an emergency colonoscopy. Well it occured again. Called the surgeons office and this time they wanted me to travel the hour to the hospital i had the surgery. There my surgeon sent down members of his surgical staff (a NP and PA) and they assesed me throughly. Had 2 rectal exams and neither of them felt the internal hemrrhoids that the previous ER doc felt(LIAR!). So they started an IV and sent me for a colonscopy which came back with internal hemrrhoids located in my sigmoid colon. As if the 1st ER doctor could reach beyond 6 inches into someones butt unless he was inspector gadget......(calling and complaining about that hospital visit). So they send me home with a plan of action(stool softener and 2 suppositories a day..) and my surgeon called me personally to apologize and tell me he wants to see me in his office next week. Atleast now i have an answer for my moderate rectal bleeding....
Ladytazz
on 4/14/11 1:08 pm
Do you mean hemorrhoids?  I didn't know you could get a hernia there.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

berrixblonde
on 4/14/11 1:14 pm - NY
 thank you ladytazz my brain is shotttt!
Lady Lithia
on 4/14/11 1:16 pm
I should thank Tazz too..... I couldn't figure it out, so just din't respond.....was waiting to hear what anyone else might post before jumping in

GLAD to hear it's "just" hemm-roids.... can't spell them things.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Ladytazz
on 4/14/11 1:18 pm
I'm glad you have an answer, too. I've never heard of them being so far up but what do I know? Just that they are a pain in the ass (ducking now)
Lady Lithia
on 4/14/11 1:19 pm

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Jodi H.
on 4/14/11 3:24 pm - Apache Junction, AZ

Jodi ** HW: 240 / CW: 221 / GW: 135
SoulLips
on 4/15/11 7:34 am - Cloverdale, CA
Your inspector gadget comment gave me a good laugh.

I'm sorry to hear that you've have these troubles, but I REALLY appreciate your willingness to post about them so that others can be educated about the possible consequences of the surgery.  I hope the "plan of action" works and that you're feeling better soon!

Start weight: 306   Surgery weight: 282   Current weight 199.5

berrixblonde
on 4/15/11 9:47 am - NY
 lol i can laugh at the pain in the butt joke because i didnt feel a thing! which is part of the reason why i was concerned!