extremeties falling asleep

bizzymommi
on 4/19/11 3:07 pm - CA
So I know I've read on here in the last week about someone having the same problem. My arms and legs are falling asleep very easy! Even just sitting on the toilet (sorry) for short ammouts of time make my legs fall asleep. I know its been mentioned it can happen with vitamin B defficiancies and to be honest I was taking the B12 but not so great about the B1. So as soon as I read that (was it 3 days ago?) I have lit a fire under my arse about taking everything. OK so what I want to know is at this point will it get better now that I am taking everything the way they should be or should I go see my doctor. It is happening a lot.
Thanks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3ulili/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w3ulili/s-weight.png[/img]
[/url]

skabets112
on 4/19/11 4:34 pm
my doctor told me that it's also a sign of an "overdose" of b-12. You might want to call your PCM and ask for an order to get labs done.

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 4:42 pm - San Diego, CA
It might have been me that you read about.  I had the same problem and it turned out to be a SEVERE B1 deficiency.  I have been taking a separate B1 vitamin now for 2 weeks and my symptoms have since diminished.  Don't wait to get labs and fix this problem...for me, I did wait too long and the falling asleep soon turned to cramping, then complete paralysis in my left hand for 45 minutes one day.  SCARY.  Get to your doc for labs ASAP.  Good luck!
cajungirl
on 4/19/11 11:32 pm

Definitely could indicate B vitamin deficiencies.  I had it shortly after surgery and my B-1 was low.  Mine came on quickly along with drop foot. 

Get to taking the B-1 faithfully, maybe twice a day for a few weeks and I also recommend you call your surgeon.  He may want to do labs to be sure what is going on.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

GD6
on 4/20/11 1:00 am - Hamilton, Canada
I ended up with a severe B1 (Thiamine deficiency) and developed foot drop.  Massive doses of B100 complex over the course of a couple of months resolved the issue.
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics