Protien Smoothie!!!

BritsAQT89
on 4/21/11 7:33 am

Today I made a protein smoothie using Jillian Micheals vanilla protein powder some ice, water and some fruit I bought from the commissary. Usually I use strawberries or bananas and mangos or something. But they had the fruit thats already cut up and packaged and I bought the one that had pineapples, grapes and strawberries, which looked like agreat combination. I blended it up in my rocket blender and it came out pretty good EXCEPT the grapes dont blend up that smooth and it had little pieces of grape skin!! but other than that I think I am getting pretty good and mixing fruits to make protein smoothies!!

Does anyone have any other ideas or combinations that they use to make protein drinks!?

PomMomTx
on 4/21/11 8:04 am, edited 4/24/11 4:01 am
Hi there!

I make a smoothie for breakfast most every morning.  I came up with it using the most common elements of shop-made smoothies (yogurt/juice/fruit/ice), but modified the ingredients for WLS goodness.  Its protein-packed, keeps me full for hours, and tastes incredible!

For the fruit juice, I mix up double-strength Crystal Light (1 to-go sized packet to 1/2 a bottle of very cold water).  Good flavors to try are apple, cherry, raspberry, & berry punch.

I use blueberries most often because of their antioxidant benefits and that they have a low sugar content/carb count/glycemic index relative to most fruits.  I like all berries, but I don't care for seeds in a smoothie, so blueberries are my favs.   All ingredients are added to the carafe as cold as possible.

To the blender carafe, add:

6oz Greek plain yogurt
3-4oz double-strong Crystal Light
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup crushed ice

Blend until smooth & creamy.  Enjoy!  

Edited to add nutrition counts (per Weight Tracker food diary, using Muscle Milk 27g protein per scoop & Danon Greek yogurt): 247 cals, 17.22 carbs, 2.5g fat, 42.5g protein.

One could add benefiber, ground flaxseed, etc.  

I find it easier to swallow my pill supplements with a thick smoothie as well.                               

Open RNY/GB removal/appendectomy4/99; -132lbs; Re-gained 40lbs by '09; Now w/in 20lbs of goal/low wt

christine G.
on 4/21/11 8:40 am
6oz (i think) can of pineapple juice (no assed sugar, but the natural sugar in here might make some dump- doesnt bother me though. 
add a bit of milk,
scoop of vanilla protein,
1 envelope of splenda
1/2 banana (sliced and frozen)
frozen strawberries
few ice cubes
1-2 capfulls SF raspberry syrup.

this is my fave protein fruit smoothie and I find that I don't taste the protein at all- but with all the natural sugar might be too much for some. 

Christine

Breast Lift/Brachioplasty January 18, 2011
Lower Body Lift March 3, 2011
Inner Thigh Lipo/Lift May 4, 2011 

Most Active
Recent Topics