NSV- Yes, they still happen at almost 4 years out!

wendybear1
on 4/21/11 12:02 pm - Brooklyn, NY
You are quite welcome! I am amazed, myself. It's all in the attitude, I think.

sylvie_55
on 4/21/11 1:27 pm - Palmyra, WI

I just got back from Vegas a couple of weeks ago and it is the first time I went there since surgery. 

I was able to walk the strip 3 days from about 8:30-9 a.m. until about 3-4 in the afternoon.  The buffets did not hold the magic they did before and as my DH told me, they made $$ off of me.  Also, I was able to walk through the airport without my back killing me as what happened the last time I went to Vegas.  I also needed a wheelchair and a seat belt extender--neither of which I needed this time. 

I was able to try on XL in regular stores--I still have weight I need to lose but I have the 8 pound bounceback but yet my clothes fit.  Redistribution I guess from exercise. 

I let my DH take pics on this trip too.  I know the camera never was my friend before. 

It is a lot of fun being an active participant in life.  I know I saw things that I didn't see before (mountains, scenery, architecture of hotels).  I loved walking through the Louis Vitton store and dreaming about the $2000 purse I wanted and the Coach store and dreamed about the $800 snakeskin purse).  Clothes and accessories were not things I really cared about before so this is fun!!

Congratulations!!  Life is fun isn't it.

Sylvia

HW:  407  SW:  386  CW:  202
RNY Surgery Date:  7-9-08
Dr. Manfred Chaing, Bariatric Institute of WI

wendybear1
on 4/21/11 5:00 pm - Brooklyn, NY
How awesome for you, Sylvie! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views