heart rate

chantaljoy
on 4/22/11 2:12 pm
Has anyone else experience a faster than normal heart rate after surgery?  My family doctor took me off of blood pressure meds on Tuesday.  Today I went in for a bp check, and it was great (110/80), but my heart rate was 102.  The nurse asked if I was under stress.  I'm not.  I'm just baffled.  Any thoughts?

Lady Lithia
on 4/22/11 2:16 pm
My resting heart rate is quite low (55 or so).... pre-op at my heaviest it was normally quite high, any exertion and it was over 100

BUT.... my heart rate goes way up (80 is way up for me) when I'm dumping

and it's been known to SKYROCKET when I'm having a reactive hypoglycemic crash..... I clocked it once at 240!!!!

Had you eaten within thirty minutes of your appointment aned if so what did you eat?

Might be that you were having a mild dumping episode ccausing an elevated heart rate.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

chantaljoy
on 4/22/11 2:33 pm
That was the odd thing.  The appt was first thing in the morning and I had not eaten yet.  All I had to drink at that point was a few ounces of crystal lite.  Maybe that was the issue...that I hadn't eaten anything.  I'm only 2 1/2 weeks out, and still trying to get the hang of an eating and drinking schedule.

Lady Lithia
on 4/22/11 2:38 pm
Hadn't noticed your surgery date.... your body is just adjusting to the new reality..... and this soon out, just the effort of getting to the doctor's probably elevated your heart rate.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

immafatgirl
on 4/22/11 4:37 pm - KY
what worrries me he most is my heartrate is anywhere from 90-104 every single day and most of the time it races while im in bed. dont know why and drs dont do nothin. so i hope that doesnt worsen for me after surgery . but i also have extremly high blood pressure . wow. maybe its a lil anxiety since your surgery has happened. if it doesnt go away soon i would always check with your dr.
Most Active