getting closer....

dkwilliams1
on 4/22/11 3:37 pm, edited 4/22/11 3:41 pm - AK
hello all... just me, checking in... Friday 22nd, 5days until my surgery... and I'm getting nervous. I work Sun., Mon., Tues., then off Wed. day before surgery. I went out today and bought some chicken broth, and jello mix. I'm hooked on Chobani Greek yogurt !!! Man, that stuff is good !!! It will be a month after surgery until I can eat it again. Well, i'm gonna' go now, just wanted to post an update

immafatgirl
on 4/22/11 4:44 pm - KY
congradulations and stay strong. you will get thru this like a breeze. just look forward to that yogurt ..
Mamakind
on 4/22/11 5:48 pm, edited 4/22/11 5:48 pm - Canada
Hi DK,

My surgery is on Wednesday and I'm pretty excited. it wasn't set until January 2013 and then I got a call at the beginning of the month that they'd moved it up to this month! My surgeon doesn't require any special diet before the surgery, so I've been knocking off some of my bucket list foods over the last couple of weeks. It's all been great, but I don't really think I'll miss much of it. My favourite food is sashimi and I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to eat that once I can eat solid food again.

Jello and chicken broth... I should pick some of that stuff up!
remembrtherain
on 4/22/11 6:58 pm - San Francisco, CA
My surgery is on Tuesdayyyyyyyy. I'm super excited and nervous too.

Good luck to everyone! Also, remember that your tastebuds will change a bit...some things you like now you may not like after!
Holly O.
on 4/23/11 12:23 am - FL
Best of luck.............hope to be joining you soon!!  You will do great!!  Can I ask how tall you are??  I am 5'2 and weight 235 lbs.  Just curious!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
dkwilliams1
on 4/23/11 4:41 am - AK
I am 5'1... thanks for the reply !!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/11 1:16 am
Hi everybody! I have been a silent reader until today. Today is liquid diet day #1 and I realize I will need to keep very busy over the next 4 days. My surgery is Wednesday. I am nervously excited. I do feel the need for support already, so here I am. OH feels like the right place to be. Good luck to all of us!
dkwilliams1
on 4/23/11 4:42 am - AK
 hello Natalie

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 431 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views