First appointment tommorrow

kim_in_alabama
on 4/24/11 5:22 am
I have my 1st appointment tomorrow and I am so excited.  What to ask, what to ask?????

-I getting questions ready to ask him, but do you all have any suggestions or questions you wished you asked your doctor at your visit?

- I know once I leave, I'll come up with something to ask while driving home that I would've asked.

- When I talked to the receptionist, I asked do I need to bring my medical record, she said no, hm-mm, taking it anyway, you never know when there is a question that comes up that I need my record for.

- I have already filled out my new patient paperwork, it was on-line for me to download and print, good thing, that way I can take my time and fill it out with all the information needed.
Thanks
cgnnala
on 4/24/11 5:35 am, edited 4/24/11 5:35 am
HI Kim and welcome to the journey. Start by writing down things you would like to ask and take them with you. I asked about the procedure, side effects, my diabetes-how much the procedure would help. I also asked about his experience with brittle diabetes and how the surgery effected medications and injections. ( I am 7 weeks out and off all meds now and have been since March 13th. No more high BS or BP). Generally they will give you a list of all they are going to have to have. Start writing down the past attempts you have made to lose weight all the programs you have been on WWs, Atkins, etc. Show how you have tried to lose. Depending on your insurance you will have to show them a lot of information and possibly do several tests, I did including a CT scan, cardiac stress test, sleep study, and CPAP information. Write down all you medications and how long you have been on them. That helped get my process started. Get your PCP onboard with you and get him to do a letter of support to the surgeon for insurance. You dont have to have all this tomorrow but the quicker you gather information and have it together the better. Once I got all mine in BC of AL approved me in just 4 days no complications. I am in Alabama as well, and look forward to following your journey. Ask anything you need. Good luck to you.

Referral date: December 9, 2010                   First appointment: January 17, 2011
Approved for surgery: February 23, 2011     Surgery date: March 14, 2011

Onederland: May 9, 2011  
                             Diabetes-GONE, HBP-GONE (no meds since 3/13)
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 488 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 382 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 374 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 317 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 111 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?