What did you eat?

for_my_kids
on 4/26/11 10:21 am - NC
RNY on 08/20/10 with
protein shakes, greek yogurt, fresh fruit, lean protein at dinner w/ streamed veggies...the pre-op liquid diet is all about shrinking that liver. survive off protein, mine lasted 15 days total, no bread-pasta-rice-potato-soda-sugar, just soft soft foods and liquid plus 100oz water a day to keep the full feeling. flavored greek yogurt is amazing, the plain stuff is yuk yuk yuk. message me & i will email you my meal plan i followed for pre-op...i warn you, it is simple & boring but my liver was shrunk up!! no nicks for me!
cupcake55
on 4/26/11 11:24 am - CA

Thanks for posting that  question.  I have been wondering the same thing.  Did your Dr. tell you what to have or did he just say liquid diet?  I have gotten some great ideas.

jennytmitch
on 4/27/11 4:04 am - NC
My surgery is Monday and I have been on a modified liquid diet.  My surgeon recommended two shakes a day and a lean cuisine or chicken or fish for dinner.  The thing that helped me the most was broths with garlic and red pepper mixed in.  It seemed to keep my fuller longer.  Good luck!!!  It's not so bad after the first three days.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 478 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 401 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 131 views
Recent Topics