What did you eat?

Jeanine J.
on 4/26/11 6:20 am
What are somethings you ate on your liquid diet? I am not going to like living on Jello and tomato soup, and of course my protein and slim fast shakes. I have popsicles as well. I know I am going to want something different!

What's worth the PRIZE is ALWAYS worth the FIGHT!                
steve D.
on 4/26/11 6:24 am - West Fargo, ND
You might be suprised at what you will want to eat after the surgery.  The best thing that happened to me is that food for a while was not something I craved, but rather just sustenance.  I wi**** was still that way. 

I can't help much as I left the hospital on soft foods.  So I really had one day of liquid.  Good luck though and we will save you a place on the losers bench!!

Steve

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 6:32 am - SC
Be careful with the tomato soup it tends to have lots of sugar.  It sounds so yummy though.  I'm on full liquids right now and I live on puddings with protein in them, protein shakes, popcicles and soup broths.  Nothing too exciting.  I can't wait to go up to soft foods next week! 

If you're talking about the pre-op diet when I was on liquids I lived on Atkins shakes (Slim-fast has LOTS of sugar), protein shakes, pudding, unsweetened applesauce, popscicles, crystal light and soup broths. 
Jeanine J.
on 4/26/11 6:35 am
I havent had my surgery yet! I am still Pre Op and have to do a Liquid diet before so this is why I am asking! 3 weeks of tomato soup and Jello doesnt sound very fun!

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 6:40 am - SC
Ahh, I didn't even look at the date on the side.  Sorry it's been a rough day around here.  On the pre-op diet I was told to try to keep my sugar intake as low as possible.  I only had 2 days of liquids though and before that 3 weeks of high protein meals.  Every surgeon does it differently.  I was on clear liquids post-op though and now full liquids.  It doesn't bug me now as I'm not that hungry.  Just do your best.  Don't beat yourself up if you have a hard time.  The first few days are the worst as your body "detoxes" from all the sugar we normally consume.
poet_kelly
on 4/26/11 7:19 am - OH
All surgeons seem to recommend something different.  Didn't yours give you a list?  If not, ask for a list.  In writing.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cheryl Allan
on 4/26/11 7:41 am - Canada
I was on the liquid diet for 4 weeks no tomato soup was allowed due to the sugar in it and I mixed my protein shakes with less water and made them into a pudding consistancy adding a crystal light of any flavour i found them yummy lol
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

Bralen
on 4/26/11 8:07 am
I could have low fat cream soups, low fat yogurt, split pea soup and bean soup.
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
Jeanine J.
on 4/26/11 9:36 am
Yes I have a list. I am just looking for different things. I am on a full liquid diet. I just want ideas of what to eat. I can have strained soups, pudding, ice pops, SFCIB, high protein Slim fast, Protein drinks, etc. I was just wondering about mixing it up with something different.

bankgirl
on 4/26/11 10:02 am
I did some carnation instant breakfast (no sugar added) with skim milk and protein powder, but my absolute favorite was butternut squash soup!