International Travel 5-6 months out

SelfPay
on 4/26/11 2:57 pm
I'm going to have my RNY May 12th.  My wife and I are planning a trip to SE Asia early in November.  As I educate myself about my future diet post op, I'm very concerned about whether it's feasible to make this trip into a 3rd world country for a two week visit and obtaining foods and dependable water that I'll require.

Has anyone completed international travel after 5-6 months?  Thanks.
monkmoses
on 4/26/11 3:29 pm - Valyermo, CA
 Hi......I traveled to Turkey and Romania about 6 months out from my surgery.  I packed enough individual protein drink mixes (Unjury sells individual packs pre measured) to make sure I had all the protein I needed.  Bottled water was available wherever I went so that was not a problem for me.  I also made sure to carry my vitamins and protien mix in my carry on in case my baggage got lost.
turningpoint
on 4/26/11 8:24 pm
I traveled at 5, 7/ and 9 weeks int'lly without any problems but access to bottled water wasn't a problem where I went. Carry lots of protein powder and bars to get you through and stock up on bottled water when it is available.

Have fun!
Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
MultiMom
on 4/27/11 1:43 am - NH
I traveled to South Africa at 5 months out. Bottled water was easily available. I brought plenty of protein powder, protein bars and jerky with me for when the meal choices were not in my plan. I particularly like the Syntrax Nectar flavors and they have the Grab and Go in many of the flavors so that I didn't have little baggies full of powder (if you know what I mean!)

I think that it is totally do-able! All of my vitamins were in a pill minder to take daily.

Enjoy your trip!!
Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

SelfPay
on 4/27/11 2:31 am
Okay, then it's doable then!  Thanks.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 196 views