5 more days to go....

sarinajean
on 4/27/11 1:07 am - MA

Im very excited to go to my pre-op class and pre-op appointment tomorrow because that gives me the confirmation that Monday morning I'm gonna definitely be in the OR. Im excited that it's finally here and scared of the recovery as well.

Cheryl Allan
on 4/27/11 1:59 am - Canada
Good luck and it is only human nature to be scared but honestly it wont be as bad as you think it will be I am 3 weeks post op and I had no pain at all
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

Tara H.
on 4/27/11 2:24 am - Tallahassee, FL
For me, I had some anxiety about the transitions after: what could I eat/not eat at each stage, getting supplements in, etc. Basically, the "newness'. I have to say, at 4 1/2 months out, it was easier than I thought, but it did take some time to do.

It's SO worth it! Glad you're taking these last steps before your NEW life begins! Tara

jennytmitch
on 4/27/11 3:47 am - NC
I am right there with you.  My surgery is Monday too and I go tomorrow for the pre-op stuff at the hospital.  I am so ready for Monday to be here.  I am nervous, anxious, excited and a little scared.  I am also ready to not feel hungry anymore for a little while :)

sarinajean
on 4/27/11 3:55 am - MA
Thanks everyone. Im glad to hear all the responses that its not that bad. I guess if I can deliver a child naturally with no pain meds at age 15 this shouldn't be so bad. I've been working out like crazy to give my body a jump start since Ill be lounging during recovery. I hope I'm one of the lucky ones that don't even feel like they had surgery but I dont count on it.

Jenny, I will be looking forward to seeing how you handle everything. Maybe we can learn from each others experience. Good Luck and I wish you the best!

Prettybrowneyezz
on 4/27/11 4:23 am - PA
Hi there!

I too am having my RNY on Monday, May 2nd!  Yay for us!  I must say, the pre-op liquid diet stinks, but I think it's mostly mental..  I am looking forward to the "losers bench" and getting healthier.  I had 2 c-sections, so I am hoping that the pain from RNY surgery is less severe than a c-section.. LOL  I wish you luck on Monday!

Paula
sarinajean
on 4/27/11 4:29 am - MA
I was lucky to not have a pre-op liquid diet. I just had the 6-month pre-op diet which I was required to lose 5% of my weight. I never had a surgery other than a D&C so I really dont know what to expect. Well Im so happy to hear there are others going through it the same day as me. Congrats ladies. We will do just fine!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 430 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views