1 month - post op

tashawntsb
on 4/28/11 6:24 am - NC

My surgery was one month ago yesterday and I've lost 29 lbs but sometimes I get nervous that this is all the weight I'm going to lose and that the surgery isn't going to work for me. Have you ever felt that way??

Barbie F.
on 4/28/11 6:31 am - ME
  im one month out myself ive lost 14 lbs so your doin great!!  i feel im eatin wrong lots of times but i guess im not so been told.. i get scared bout the stalls people talk about.. i dont want to experience them but i know it will come..

TheButterflye
on 4/28/11 6:32 am - Prince Georges County, MD

I was nervous about everything in the beginning! I hadn't had surgery nor any health issues before EVER.  It has had it's challenges, but I follow MOST of the rules and have managed to lose 100lbs in less than a year.  If I had worked out like I should have/wanted to, I would be even smaller!  Relax.  Follow your surgeon's rules.  Ask questions if something doesn't feel quite right, and you'll be ok. 

2tired2befat
on 4/28/11 6:32 am - Spring Hill, TN
All the time.  I lost 29 pounds my first month too.  Know that you will hit bumps in the road, maybe a stall or four (lol) but that is what we are all here for.  You will continue to lose, I did, and I thought it would never work for me! :)  Best wishes!

nomoresugar
on 4/28/11 6:33 am
This question gets asked dozens of times a day.  You shouldn't worry.  As long as you follow your plan you will be fine.  There will be stalls, some short, some long, but if you keep to the path you should be great.
gochristy1971
on 4/28/11 6:50 am - CA
OMG are you kidding me?  29 pounds in the first month?  Why are you afraid?  Were you expecting 50 in the first month???  Of course, I'm kidding...sort of...

I had surgery 3/28 and I lost 18 pounds my first month.  I started on "soft" foods this week, and let me tell you, I can feel the restriction.

Trust the surgery.  It will work if you work it!
Christy
Weights: Surgery 317 Current 242 GW ???
DebsGiz
on 4/28/11 10:24 am - FL

I would no more worry about this than I would an airplane landing on my head.  Seriously.

If you need something to worry about, I'll lend you some stuff...

Get a grip.  Be happy!!  You're doing awesome and will continue to do so!!!

Now how about giving us some big smiles and laughter cuz your butt is on the losers bench!!! 

carly44
on 4/28/11 10:56 am - hazlet, NJ
I worry about the same thing. EVERYDAY. and the funny thing is, I NEVER expected to have lost this much....it was only unitl I started hanging around here and see how so many people have lost so much more than me in the same amount of time that I started to have a problem....embarrassed to admit it....

I also have been worried because I have never gotten sick since surgery, have not had any issues with foods I can't tolerate (tho I'm still on softs) and never feel full even after my 4 oz meals.....the only way that I assure myself that the surgery "took" is that I never feel "hungry"....

I think more people worry about this than care to admit it. But we WILL be successful and we all lose at different paces......HANG IN THERE!!!!

NIXMOMMIE
on 4/28/11 12:18 pm - NC
I am 4 weeks out and I have not lost a pound in 10 days, or so. I have been really slacking on my protein ans water intake. I am really trying to get back on track. I am told to follow the plan and it will work; Good luck
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 469 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 444 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 360 views