Question for former Stress Eaters

Koko M.
on 4/29/11 5:28 am - Albany, CA
(And look at all the Koko's!)

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

Koko10
on 4/29/11 6:35 am - NC
I noticed that too. Funny. That was my high school nick name because of my skin color. I was a little lighter then and this guy thought I looked like cocoa butter. I changed the spelling. Thanks for your support. I'm just trying to change my behaviors so I won't fall apart. The ulcer then the iritis has put a scare in me that I can't get passed right now.
strawberryblondie
on 4/29/11 7:02 am - Virginia Beach, VA

My psychologist recommended this book, 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food, by Susan Albers, PsyD.

It has been very helpful to me, maybe it can help you too.

Tracy

First visit with surgeon                            3/17/11
Cleared for surgery                                  4/29/11
Approved by insurance                            5/10/11
Surgery Date                                            5/24/11

Koko10
on 4/29/11 7:28 am - NC
I love to read. I will add this to my reading list. Thank you
_Donna_
on 4/29/11 7:20 am
Have you tried using a stress bsll? I have one in my purse and in my car and one in my desk when I worked. It really helps and they are cheap!
Koko10
on 4/29/11 7:31 am - NC
I have a few of them. They won't work for me. Thanks for your suggestion.
immafatgirl
on 4/29/11 8:45 am - KY
koko,
 i can relate . im also an emotional eater and a stress eater. hell i eat even when im not hungry just because i just love food. rescently ive had to get a grip on that becaue i knowim going to be having my surgery and i dont want to fail. i just keep thinking im not gonna let nothing get to me. . im trying to learn how to relax. i feel like im stressed and cant even tell you why i am most days. i like to be in control of my life, i have this thing when ppl try to tell me what to do. ive taken care of everyone. and never had time for me. i already hear ppl say when you get over your surgery i want to get you to do this .. i think i want to live for me for a change. but we have to 
slow down
take a deep breath
picture what you want your life to be like in a year from now.
put an image on your insight sof what your body will look like. nothing is worth feeling bad for , if you can put a stop to it . im at the point in my life where my favorite word is "WHATEVER"..
when i read your post i thought id try to help, i could picture you gritting your teeth and not handling things very well. i feel ya!!!
i hope it gets better shortly. just put you and your way of living first right now. if not it could and may get out of control.
seattledeb
on 4/29/11 11:34 am
I am a stress eater. I don't think I'll ever be a "former" stress eater.
How I manage.
I don't have things like  chips, M&M's, or ice cream in my house.
I tell myself I  can eat all the fruit I want. I can't binge on fruit.
When it gets bad, I get out of the house. Just walking around the block can help.
Other things that work, calling a friend, playing with the kid,annoyng the dog, or posting on OH!
Take care,
Deb T>

slim4three
on 4/30/11 1:43 am
 I am a stress eater.  As silly as this sounds, I have found that peppermint tic tacs work wonders for me.  There are hardly any calories in them so you could eat like 1/2 a box in a day and it amounts to very little.  The burn when you suck on them is slightly distracting so it helps to reroute what your mind is stressing about.  And if you need the satisfaction of crunching something you can just chew them.  Because they're so potent in flavor they tend to squash any other cravings you might be having.  Weird?  Maybe.  But I have found that it works great for me.
 HW/Current/Goal
232/148/135
Koko10
on 4/30/11 12:03 pm - NC
Well I think the mints are a good idea. I will pick some up. I never thought about the fruit. I thought we had to be protein first so I didn't think we could eat too much fruit but I love grapes and strawberries.  I'm going to try multiple things to overcome this. I think you are correct, I will probably continue to be a stress eater. I guess I will have to change what I eat. Thanks for all of your support everyone.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views