Cleared for surgery!!

strawberryblondie
on 4/29/11 6:49 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I am officially cleared for surgery and my package is now being submitted to my insurance company,  Even though it didn't really take me all that long it feels like an eternity. 

Does anyone know how long TriCare takes to respond?  I wasn't anxious about pushing the date along until now.  Now I just want to move forward!!!

A big thank you to all who post on here, it has been immensely helpful!!!

First visit with surgeon                            3/17/11
Cleared for surgery                                  4/29/11
Approved by insurance                            5/10/11
Surgery Date                                            5/24/11

Kaysmommy
on 4/29/11 8:02 am - Silver City, NM
My referral was sent to Tricare(Triwest) last Friday, and this Wednesday the hospital called me to get the ball rolling. I thought it was extremely fast, but that just makes me more excited. I hope yours is quick too.
jennifer7270
on 4/29/11 9:46 am - halifax, Canada
hay I am haveing gastro by pass june 17th and scared as hell I have had gastroplasti done twice before and it worked well I lost all the weight but had children bouth times where this is a new operation I just hope it works like the other ones did
1Haute Diva
on 4/30/11 2:37 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
Tricare is one of the fastest (if not THE FASTEST) to get a response from. Usually it takes from 24-72 hours (not including weekends) to receive your response from them.  You should be able to check your status online.  It's usually posted there before they call you or send out the letter.

Keep us posted!!

- Shaw

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 334 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 340 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 288 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 458 views