Summer time get together snacks

newtintn
on 4/30/11 12:09 pm - TN
What do you guys take for summer get togethers and outings? Like every summer in June my area has Lake Side Cinema where we hvae movies on a big blow up screen by the lake, tons of fun, we bring lawn chairs coolers and friends and make a night of it. I have NO idea what I can pack for stuff like that that I can eat! Any ideas? And its not for big crowds either, just me, since I pack other stuff for the kids. Just something to pack in my little cooler and backpack and munch on thru the evening. 

cajungirl
on 4/30/11 12:22 pm
Ham and cheese rollups wrapped around a dill pickle
cheese cubes and pepperoni (turkey is what I use)
apples and peanut butter
celery sticks with pimento cheese
beef jerkey

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Tessie W.
on 4/30/11 12:39 pm
I am looking forward to the day I can snack on veggies again! 

Have you tried the turkey pepperoni chips?

I also want to try the kale chips but have not yet.

Since it will be a planned snack that should give you a few extra options.  Another roll up idea (unless you have problems with sodium) is dried beef with FF whipped cream cheese and chives.  yummy!

msromagnola
on 4/30/11 12:43 pm
If you have a cooler - you could make a yogurt parfait.  Are you in the earlier stages?  You could put yogurt and fruit - layered - with the fruit pureed if you're in the early stages.

MSROMAGNOLA
Price S.
on 4/30/11 10:09 pm - Mills River, NC
Sounds like great fun.  HOWEVER, there is a difference between a planned snack and "munch on throu the evening".  Don't let yourself get into the munchy evenings if that was a trap for you before.

As far as what to pack, if you have a cooler, it can be anything that doesn't need to be heated to be good.  Veggies and dip, ham and cheese rollups, pepperoni chips, etc all make a good packable meal.  Last weekend I had cooked a ham and wrapped slices in fresh spinach leaves for meals I had to pack.  Yumm.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board