Stalled on liquids?

Don27516
on 5/6/11 9:35 pm - NC
 I am 14 days out and still on liquids. I was losing weight like crazy. I dropped 30 pounds really fast but for the past 4 days I have been stuck, actually I gained a pound. I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day. How is it possible to stall when all I have are liquids (1 bottle of Isopure, countless bottles of water and Crystal Light). I haven't cheated and I have been walking 3 miles a day. Is this normal? I am frustrated. I knew I would stall at some point. I just didn't expect it on the 3 week liquid phase.

Price S.
on 5/6/11 9:48 pm - Mills River, NC
Your body needs time to regroup.  But if all the protein you have had in a day is one bottle of isopure, you need more protein.  You need it to heal and to keep your calories up so you don't go into starvation mode.  At 2 week, you should be at least 40-60 g heading eventually towards 100g of protein a day.  Up your protein and stay off the scale.  30 lbs is about 2 lbs a day.  Can't keep that up forever.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

bskarenf
on 5/6/11 10:02 pm
Yes there are many of us who stalled at 3 weeks out I did, and  my surgery wt was 315 so I was a  large person,  I  think I stalled at weeks 3 til week 6 or 7 I dont remember but Its on my wt loss log on my blog . Dont worry your wt loss total for some months will make up for it.  I suggest you write down your wt with the dates  when you do weight because you wont realize that your total for the month .  I cant imagine walking 3 miles a day that quickly I  couldnt do but 5 minutes at 6 weeks out.  I was exhaused.   good luck and relax. karen 

LossLeader
on 5/7/11 12:38 am
Totally normal. The body is adjusting. Don't worry. That's not even really a "stall."

Highest weight: approx. 293
Pre-fast weight: 284
Surgery weight: 274
Lowest weight:163
Current weight:182 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 163 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?