HELP!!!!

Karen T.
on 5/6/11 11:59 am - Canada
I am struggling today.  I have been on my Pre-op drinks for 5 days now and still have 3 weeks to go  (HELP).  I was doing fine for the last 4 days then today all I want to do is eat a burger.  I keep saying to myself that I still have 3 weeks left what can it hurt???? 
I haven't done it yet but it is so hard. I have had my 4 drinks today and it's not about being hungry because when I think about it logically I am not hungry. 
              Any advice would be appreciated. 

Lady Lithia
on 5/6/11 12:07 pm
I would go to the pre-post picture bank here on OH whenever you want to eat. Seeing the magical transformation is really motivating, or it was to me.

Good luck.

Remember that you WILL eat again.

Go to the "what are you eating today" threads and fantasize about being able to eat yummy stuff all the rest of your life without having to worry (as much) about your weight.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Karen T.
on 5/6/11 12:11 pm - Canada
Thank you so much Lithia.  
I will do that thanks for the advice.

jkjstars123
on 5/6/11 12:20 pm - Tama, IA
I know it is very hard but you can do it. Just take one day at a time, in fact one meal at a time. Come to this site and read and look at pictures of others that lost all their weight. You can do it!!

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

Karen T.
on 5/6/11 12:41 pm - Canada
Thanks Julie.  

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 12:39 pm - NY
I'm gonna be the devil on your shoulder and I'm sure get hate mail, but just eat it. It will satisfy your crave and you wont want it anymore. After surgery, you wont be able too, nor will you want too. I should've had that bog greek salad I wanted before my surgery but didn't and everyday I have been craving
Get one off the dollar menu, it'll be a normal size and then go back to being good again.
Karen T.
on 5/6/11 12:49 pm - Canada
Thanks for the advice.  I am going to take it one day at a time as everyone says and I am sure I won't feel like this tomorrow.  I am home now and can't go out, my 7 year old is sleeping.  So that helps.  I really do appreciate your commenting back and those words that you said about no regrets are in a way what I am worried about.  The reason I said a burger is because that is what I didn't get to eat before and I guess it has affected me. 

Carrie W.
on 5/6/11 12:48 pm - KY
I was told two weeks before surgery to lose 5-15lbs.  I did it but I did cheat.  I ate burgers a couple times and I ate Taco Johns, and gorged myself at Red Lobster.  I'm really glad I did.  I made myself sick each time I ate those things.  Even if I could I do NOT want seafood pasta, the stuff is evil. 

I'm definitely not saying you should do this!!  For me the splurging after eating healthy just made me sick. 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Karen T.
on 5/6/11 12:56 pm - Canada
Thanks Carrie,
  I think I am frustrated with the whole 4 weeks of the stupid drink.  I am trying to come up with excemptions to the rules I guess.  I am in Canada and it seems to be different to the U.S.  Some people on this site only have to drink the liquid pre-op drinks for a few days???

Carrie W.
on 5/6/11 1:06 pm - KY
Absolutely everything varies from surgeon to surgeon.  Are things more standardized in Canada? 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 442 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?